or Connect

Posts by Henry Carter

Scoring works well for leather soles
You could say that though it's a bit of a glass half empty opinion IMO, when replacement cleats cost about $50 a set, 1 set every 2.5 years is pretty good value. The only reason they get replaced is from walking around with them, not from actual riding. I bought some of the cleat covers a while back but must admit I never use them so only I'm to blame for that. Mostly what I love about Speedplays is the better clearance for pedalling around corners, much easier to clip...
I've used the same pair of speedplays for about 10 years now, big fan. I think I'm on my 4th set of cleats now for the one set.
Say hello to Salim for us.Winter in sydney? Brutal is not what comes to mind lol it's not cold at all really unless you are at the foot of the blue mountains.
Dear Dimitris, Thanks for the invite. As I'm no longer an affiliate vendor I probably don't have much to add for now other than to mention that the zig zag knit ties that many of us carry aren't actually woven by sozzi in house but contracted out to a manufacturer. Sozzi do co-brand them for wholesale clients but it's also possible to go direct to the source and specify width/length. As to my personal preferences for knit ties then they are without a doubt always square...
I would say Brown too as a personal preference but then the stats say different, we'd sell 4 to 1 navy to brown. As to country clothes then personally I'd stay away from grenadines in general for something less formal like a wool (challis or woven) or knit of some sort. Though country clothes in Australia don't really include ties anyway, but of course YMMV.
we can all hope
For Sydney weather certainly agree. But then Sydney-siders think it's cold when it's 6 degrees overnight. I know because I used to be one....
Oh sure, I raced for a long time too and was always hard on parts when I did. Im lucky do do 200km a week these days though and I'm not so hard on stuff. Anyway my mates ultegra is only about 8 months old and it was a simple downshift from big to small chain rings not under hard load. It jumped off in between the cranks and BB and got stuck then of course bent. We were all really surprised.
Interest check fellas on a few things lying around. 1) MJ Bale mudgee suit jacket in mid grey (no trousers) in 42L. Bnwt and comes with bag and hanger. Has a small nick in the cloth upper left sleeve. Could be repaired pretty easy. $50. Can send pics of the nick. 2) carmina Robert last dark brown captoes. 9uk. Topied and had heel replaced but in very good cond. Will be polished and condition and supplied in original box. $125 again can take photos pm if interested. Paid...