or Connect

Posts by Henry Carter

Not always true but for the most part, yes. The only people I can think of that make a true 7 fold made from one piece of silk is those that should not be mentioned (initials P.C) and look how that turned out for everyone....
There will just be scarves and beanies for this winter. I mentioned on the aus members thread a while back I'm essentially homeless until about July next year while our new house is being built (living with in-laws) so I just don't have the storage space for much beyond what I'm carrying already. Would love to do some knitwear when the space permits though.
Generally speaking, buy good ties and the knots should sort themselves out. Work out which makers make a tie with a thicker or thickish lining and it'll result in a beefier knot, if that's what you want. From what I've seen your knots are good, so you don't have much to worry about.
If you actually un-stitched a 6/7 fold tie and opened it up at the back you'd notice that the folds on these ties finish about half way up the front (and back) blade before the knot area on almost all 6/7 fold ties. What I'm saying is that the knot area on a 3 fold tie is the same thickness as a 7 fold tie. I've pretty much stopped making 6/7 folds now because the knot is as good on a 3 fold. More folds will give more weight and thus affect the way the tie hangs/drapes,...
Yep sure was popular. Sold out now but Herman Bros has one left in stock for any of the Aussie's that might want it
Haven't even ordered them yet so colours still TBA but they will be from Johnstons of Elgin, which is very very good stuff. Some cashmere beanies coming from them too.
Guys have just put some of the new scarves up, only 2 of each style so don't leave it too long if you like any, there won't be any re-stocks. some spoilered pics below -http://www.henrycarter.com.au/shop/scarves/ [[SPOILER]]
Hi All, Hope you had a nice Easter. Just back from the snowies and it was pretty chilly, so a fitting time to put some of the new scarves up. There is still another 4-5 to come later this week. http://www.henrycarter.com.au/shop/scarves/ Wool/Silk blends - These are quite lightweight and a good transition phase scarf. Printed silk - Still lightweight but not an open weave like the wool/silk ones. Will keep you warmer and keep the wind out. More to come...
yep but until our new house is finished building (like july next year) I don't have the storage space for much other than what I'm carrying now
I'm not re-stocking socks guys, they sell through too slowly for very little profit.