or Connect

Posts by Henry Carter

Hey it's not called DFO anymore, it's now the Canberra Outlet Centre or as the locals refer to it as, the COC
He was actually pretty thick for post spawn condition, was fishing by myself so didn't get a chance to take any other photos from the top though. But in this stream, which is a tailwater behind a dam over 100% all winter has been running flat out the last 4 months and essentially un-fishable. It's only just come down to a reasonable level so it's probably expended a lot of energy in those flows.
Our sesaon is just starting here and like Lefty, lots of other things getting in the way (landscaping my new house and expecting my 3rd child in January) from doing as much fishing as I'd like. I did manage this beautiful 4lber from a river 5 mins from home. Took a bog standard tungsten bead brown nymph
Just wait until you move here and get them from the outlet. I think they are $295 or 275 and my 2 pairs you can't tell the flaws
He's got you there Matt... FWIW I don't disagree with you, I don't think I've worn watch for about 3 years. I've got a cheap Tissot chrono in the draw that cost about $500 10 years ago, and a Suunto that I use when fishing. But both batteries need replacing.
All we need now is for Foley to hit the bench and Hodge to kick more, he has a huge boot on him. And Kerevi is too bloody slow. Still plenty of positives to take in to the poomas
would have never guessed that!
Just go to lincraft or spotlight in qbyn. Most button braces should come with them but in anycase, they should be hidden so don't fret about how nice they are.
Sounds good Matt. You'll really enjoy Canberra I think especially being so close to the Brindies if you like to get out in Nature, but also plenty of close bush around Bruce and Black Mtn to the inner north. And while you'll hear people whinge about cyclists around town like you do everywhere, the Cycling infrastructure is probably the best in Australia.
there's a few Canberra guys here maybe 10, some more active than others. Technically I'm not one either, I live over the border in Googong but I'm in Canberra almost every day and work there too.