or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Nice.  The difference in saturation and color between pic 1 and the rest is extraordinary.  First one is out of whack?   Nice to see so many POWs.
 nice tie!  aaah, I see the gray now. But IMO it's the melange that's the x-factor that makes it great    and I'm guessing the weight helps. I hadn't heard of the extended canvas like that, makes me wonder why more don't do that. 
 Would you mind telling us what cloth tchoy?  I can't be the only one that suddenly wants to get a suit in that stunning blue! (and BTW nice combo of green and blue, that's tricky IMO) Extraordinary the way the  shoulder seam runs back like that-   is that a Liverano influence or their own innovation?     So it's not the rain then?  Really interesting HF.  I think as a NY'er FNB perhaps misses some of the subtleties of class in the UK.  A digression: I always had trouble...
 true that.  wonder where that look came from?   I def remember something that made a lot of sense re the shirt  starting out as linen underwear, and  collar and cuffs were detachable add-ons. I'm getting a POW w bloe overcheck myself soon, pretty excited about it.  Second try, didn't like the cut of the first one.
EliodA, the POW with blue or red over-check is a dead-set menswear classic, so there's a lot of precedent re: what works with it and what doesn't.     Seem to be a number of schools of thought on it, which u can really boil down to 2 at either end of the spectrum:    1. The greats of menswear 2. Ed Morel's  (err, not mutually exclusive, so no offence Ed)     1. Like Cary Grant here, the best pairings  are solid (blue or white) shirt, solid or repp-stripe tie (neat...
  Nice!  The feint windowpane worn odd.    I know my first impulse is to go for something bolder in this design, but I think it works provided it's worn with not-too-bold accessories, like this.          Strong colors again.    Looove this jacket.  I've tried getting a similar one of mine to work with butcher stripes but it gets overpowered
  here's a snap of that one, same jacket
 sorry, not, but it's reverse in green with blue medallions is available. click tie for link 
Cappelli challis.  I like their challis best. .. really substantial ties; deep rich color & no sheen
 sleuthing!   That back-brace's gotta bad rap ....also gets the blame for preventing him from ducking the 2nd (fatal) bullet.  So you're saying he's short ?    like the lapel - tie - collar - shoulders here  great job on the waist fitting IMO Betelgeuse   those shoos, classics  A jacket with that tie cloth would be     beautiful  Cox, u have a thing for earthy colors amirite?