or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Question is, are the Rick Owenses and the Thom Brownes just contemporary versions of Edward Sexton in the 70s or Armani in the 80s?   i.e.  abberations in the force, if u will..  culs-de-sac that no-one will venture down ever again.   Or are they  part of general move forward?  I suspect they're a gimmick, while true MC keeps on keeping on.  
 ?  haven't heard these expressions Yes altho I think MC formality is seeing a bit of a resurgence.  Bespoke (&MTM) shopfronts run by young guys like Oscar Hunt and Patrick Johnson here in Oz, for example.  StyleForum.   linen square here, IMO
 More consensus on what looks good in MC. When I go to the Sartorialist I find I react as much to the facial expression, the context, the body language of the women as much as I do to the clothes, which  defy objective critique.    Fan here too. I'm in love with Cecilia Bartoli.  Did some light opera but never serious.  Being a working tenor is my dream career.
No offense of course, T&T. All power to ya.
 Merry Xmas Braddock.   awsm  I kind of imagine T&T as a genial elder statesman sitting quietly in his Florida bungalow, surrounded by classic bespoke  Henry Poole, A&S, Huntsman etc that will, alas, never be worn again, his passion for fine craftsmenship channelled into on-line menswear critique.   That's a really interesting assertion. Makes sense to me too-  women's fashion is much bigger biz with a higher and faster turnover of merchandize demanding constant renewal....
 The 'Silverback'.    CP there's a brown  and purple cashmere Cappelli on clearance at Exquisite Trimmings with your name on it.  nice turn-out A
I just bought it.  Your work is done. 
cheers Cox-  Actually this is a bit of a 'Cox's hlelp me make up my mind to buy it Thread' type deal.   You know, the tie is very you when I think about it.  Earthy, textured.
Opinion about this tie anyone? (it's cashmere)
I like that GC YRR.