or Connect

Posts by Pliny

good post-  and this seems like  sensible advice -  Buying these kind of shoes is not the same as buying a purely functional item.     I buy really good shoes with my heart, not my head.    If you love paintings for example (and you can afford to buy em) you'd rather have one Freud, or Rothko, or Bacon than any number of well-executed pics by the dude selling at the local boardwalk market.     So why don't you try buying something mid-range, like a C&J Belgrave cap...
  Nice shoes!  I too have sized up in U-   to 44, whereas I go 43 or 43.5 in F and P2.  It used to worry me that my U lasts were a bit loose, and even looked largish on me, but I've solved the looseness with leather inserts, which make the shoe more comfortable.  As for the look of them, my attitude has changed since my daughter made an unsolicited comment one day that 'I prefer to see a man with larger feet in proportion to his body-  looks more manly'.   Since then I've...
  thx
i was under the impression that a POW (it has a fine light blue thread thru it bTW)  is about a '6' on s country-city scale, hence the surprise about the black shoes, which I think of as quite citified.   The oxblood's ok imo
I'm surprised- but now u mention it I can see the sense.  With a white shirt rite?
these are before and afters- couple years down the track from when these first appeared in this thread.    1st generation (I think) handgrades, and I'd asked Chay to do a reddish-brown.  When I got them I decided there was too much burgundy for my taste, taking into account the already eye-catching buckles and medallion, so put them on the window sill for the sun to burn the red off.    This is the result.  1st is the original, rest are now.   I like it- shoos got...
thoughts on which shoe goes with this Huddersfield POW? cheers    caveat-= part of a suit socks- Pantherella shoos- EG Chelsea; Vass London; AS hand-grade; Vass OEII; Vass London; EG Dover                              
    ^^  bizzarro world   assuming that my cultural prejudices extrapolated from your respective locations are correct    
    would that be virgin wool? boom    very nice anyways cravate