or Connect

Posts by Pliny

@Cox  it's a 'bad thing' because it draws the viewer's attention away from the face towards the chest- so instead of clothing framing and drawing the eye to the face it draws it downwards. ... Flusser IIRC   The dull suit/bright furnishings is a London look. I read an explanation which said something about City men constrained by a narrow suit palette liking to break out with some individuality in the shirt and tie. 
 shoos r cool Loudest gunclub eva, and worn nicely IMO.  Who's the maker?
 for 1  I wanna throw in a wild card and recommend a RTW Cheaney model with a Dainite sole, hte Tenterden.  It's a brogued captoe in burnished scotch grain and smooth box (on the cap).  They're a classic heavy gunboat and indestructible, and they look great with a more casual fit, even jeans.    If you like Jack Reacher novels ull know its a cool recc when I say Reacher wears them.  IMO u cant beat Cheany for value in the mid tier of Northhampton GYW shoos 
 Looks different to your other suits, not in a bad way.  I like the short hems on the trews but you won't get away with fun socks.
 I don't see casual shirts, just a lot of crazy English multi-stripes.  Go down great in London but not so popular on this board.  
Anyone know of an online source for Gladson's Alazar range?
Changed my mind about that Vox fit.  At better resolution the tie is quite textured and matt.  
  voila
 Spectre u there? What's the verdict on  chequered flag PSs ?
  I think where the pattern falls on the dressier side for an odd jacket a neat tie is workable .  There are neats and neats tho.  CPs tie is rough textured and works fine,  but of your original examples  Vox"s looks like a suity neat with a small motif  worn against a rustic  tweed, so many better options there.    Malfords's jacket is a dressy smooth solid (could almost be part of a suit) so it takes that smooth neat reasonably well, and Diaz's Madder with larger dots is...