or Connect

Posts by Pliny

AFAIK nobody has
 yes, there's a tradition IIRC British expats believed that having red on the underside of their garments would repel heat, because native garments were worn that way.  Sounds odd to me.   imo the cut of a Summer suit is as important as the cloth.  It should be loose fitting, with slightly shorter, and slightly  wider-than-usual legs and sleeves.  Increase the depth of the vents too.  Half or buggy lining, but don't forgo structure because structure helps the cloth to hang...
 Kent Wang sources Harrisons (which now owns Smiths-  Solaro is in the 'Luxury Flannels' book).  The Smiths is the one I'd go for (by reputation). 
 Have you considered Solaro?  
Oh that is unfair.  You forgot the Hoodoo Gurus.
@CaptainTohm  I vote for full canvas + soft shoulder.  
^^   I'm wearing black bluchers with a grey plaid SC rite now
  I'm aware of that thread.  I stand by my comment.   Have a look thru the principal fit threads, old and new, like Whnay's,  WAYWRN, CBD, and thru shoe threads like Shoe Damage, Vass pron,  Alden -  black shoes appear rarely.  While I hesitate to refer to 'SF norms' this is one of the most obvious and enduring.  
 You've posted some nice fits, imo,  Theoprof, but not this one.  The tie, obviously, is a burner, jacket sleeves too long, BD shirt collar needs more roll-  see UC's pic above.   I dislike patterned odd trousers, but the design is small enough that it seems to resolve to solid at any meaningful distance.  
 FWIW I meant in the CM context.  Can't speak for SW&D, other than to say that if u want to wear them SW&D I think the cordovan would be a good thing because it would emphasize the informality.