or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Just the history of common usage AFAIK.  I'd be afraid ppl would ask me, 'Getting married today?'   Not a hard and fast prohibition though, so if u feel comfortable I guess go for it.  
 Wait-  Navy/white tie better with navy suit?IMO navy/white tie better with grey suit and black/white tie better with navy suit.   But to me, Shepherd check, glen plaids and houndstooths in b/w or blue/white are wedding/occasion ties.  Wouldn't feel comfortable in them for day to day wear.
 Looks great; hell to live in. That kind of exposure's no joke 24/7
For a wedding?  ^^^
 Assuming u can predict what is going to be permanent, surely?  Using a suit analogy,   commission a fully canvassed suit in a durable cloth and u have to  accept  that the gorge height or lapel width might  look dated in a few years time-  long before the suit itself fall apart.  There is no 'essential' suit & no 'essential' house.  The one that endures could be today's compromised monstrosity.
   cheers David.  You know it's funny- a few days ago in the Whnay threak we discussed the apparently common manufacture of silk knits sold under different labels. I followed your link (thanks!) and one of the Lands End silk knit user reviews mentions the problem of the 'Made in Italy' label interfering with hte knot.  I have the same issue with my T M Lewin silk knits. 
Oh that's a chunky looking silk knit.  Who by?
 Oh I have that exact shoe.  Looks better on u
 Giving u the fingers again Victor.  Awsm.  Those CJs look like Dovers.  Which ones?
I'm no tailor. (caveat)The divot at the top of the sleeve may work itself out with wear as the jacket shapes itself to your body.  the looseness at the triceps is more of an issue IMO, possibly because you're right handed? (left arm is less developed, less voluminous). Not easy to fix. Tiny bit more waist supression may help, but IMO the fit as a whole is not bad.  Sleeve pitch is good. Collar is good too.