or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Noice!.  Like 'national dress' day.Luger, couple things: r rope shoulders a 'thing' in France (I'm making assumptions, apologies) and r those Weston's on your feet?     
Terrific last couple screens here W Bill Phoenix (14829) x Kent Wang  Kamakura Hober linen in caramel  cream silk square Vass Norwegers
@Anden  so this is where the magic happens.  Very nice look.   

I'm OCD about not wearing a neat tie with an SC, too, so yes, I guess I'm a Mafan fan.  Someone's got to promote decent standards here.   re pilling, you can purchase a little roller with disposable adhesive tape for that.  There's an electric version that slices the excess right off. 
  Unconventional, cockeyed and optimistic, but promising.  Like Crusty Jr.     SC in blue sacking?  Don't see that everyday!  Love your combinations, Potzetka.  Square could be better tho imo.  Puffed cream silk, for example.  That mustard is bursting outta your pocket.
thread needs pics.. Here's a Winter cashmere tie with Fresco.  Seems a shame that such a uniquely textured cloth has to be reserved for Summer.   
    Hober KW Rubi Kamakura Vass
 Fantastic!  I love the cloth You doubt me? I'm deeply i-offended.  As to origins, AFAIK it's lost in the mists of sartorial antiquity.
   Neat ties r for suits, not SCs.  Surely you know that.   Sadly it's getting to a point where this is a convention more honoured in the breach than in the observance, particularly in these pages, but to me this is an instant red flag. A navy DB with brass buttons is quite formal, as u acknowledge, and a chambray is not: too casual for a suit, and too casual for a neat or imo any tie.  Fun socks don't go with anything. I could've included those bit loafers, which are both...