or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Well Kolecho knows his stuff. but  not sure what u mean in terms of 'volante'  and jacketing.  More of a trews thing isnt it?
that's really really nice Stefan.  What is the make of the mohair blend?  Im thinking of getting something  in Tonik. (Dormeuil's)What makes me hesitate is the lustre, which I find is a bit too showy for my taste, especially for the office,  but yours doesnt seem to have the mohair sheen at all, so Im curious. 
 Ha, it's was your recommendation that tempted me.    i can feel the drape-iness just from the cloth   I love Tonik but I feel it has limited use in a work context.  I've read conflicting views about old v new mohair blends.  Some say there's nothing like the old stuff, esp Tonik in 3 ply, and others say the mohair now is superior in quality-  finer, less brittle and less prone to drying out and cracking
 so hopsack at the extreme of informality.  I like the idea of a hopsack suit. 
 so on-song lately
 I was going to get an DB with this Harrisons Oyster but not sure whether birdseye is the right choice. As u can see, a lot of texture.  I'm liking Oyster, but maybe want a more formal weave. I'm thinking in order from casual to formal in most suitings it goes something like:   hopsack birdseye nailhead sharkskin chalkstripe herringbone plainweave pinstripe   .. all other things being equal.      
 lol 
Moonbeam just in today. Can't speak for durability.
 Moonbeam SC, Cappelli Challis, Rubinacci, Kamakura  [[SPOILER]]
 +1Perfect for dirty deeds.