or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Nice loafers.  BTW What's your feeling about loafers with a casual or formal suit? (not suede)
Anyone had anything in Aimbry?  like the designs, not sure about the drape. It's 8-9oz  
 You mean re: the navy pants?  As long as it looks like a Summery fit, as opposed to biz-cas in worsted or flannel that says 'Suit' .  Something with a wider hem and lower waist, say, in linen or light cotton.  
      that question cp reminds me of the 'Cerulean sweater' scene in The Devil Wears Prada  ^^^
  I think that's key- they generally look like the lost & lonely bottom half of the the wearer's one and only suit.  He does look pretty good tho IMO even tho dk gray would be more distinquished
  I'll take your word for it HC, but to my eye not enough contrast there, looks like a mismatched suit.     white shirt + linen SC + no tie is 
  Both you and Pingson missed my point, which was that about the only place navy pants are better than gray is when grays provide insufficient contrast i.e. with mid-gray SCs.  For charcoal to work the jacket would need to be lighter IMO
  There is no 'white shirt rule'.  There is a variety of fit combinations where a white shirt is optimal-  black tie, many CBD fits in grays and blues, and sometimes more casual fits in those colors worn at night.  And as I said b4 a white shirt looks good with a tan linen SC without a tie -  Vox above is a good example.  And there is a variety of fit combinations where blue or another color is optimal, such as with tweeds and most SCs.   It's not a matter of us all having...
. Astaire's shirt there is probably a light blue, as is Boyer's above.  Agnelli is in jeans and his look doesn't apply to this discussion.  the Duke appears to be wearing yellow.  the guy in the middle at top is wearing a formal fit and white is appropriate.  the Cary Grant shot is at night, and he's wearing grays- so white's correct there too. Bottom line: for most wearers, a white shirt should not be considered a regular go-to shirt, and should not be mistaken for easy...
 To be fair, HCs fit demands navy trews, but it's a one-off.  There's no gray pants that'll give sufficient contrast to a mid gray jacket like that.  Gray trews r still going to better with most every other SC.