or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Hola
@Butler sorry, no can do, was one of a job lot from Huddersfield Cloth.

~ 2"  above navel.  That's where my waist is narrowest, so makes sense.
   shame u got that  negative impression. Only a few days ago someone was lamenting the lack of meaningful critique.    Its a tension between friendly encouragement and honest, dispassionate expression of judgement. Too cosy here, imo, over the last few months: relativism and a proliferation of 'great fit' 'you look fantastic'  comments without justification.  I'm one of the  offenders I guess.   Nobody learns  + it can be repetitive and boring.   I'd like to  see more...
   u said 'there r no fixed principles of dress'. I said 'there are hundreds if not thousands of them' (or words to that effect) and u said 'that's hairsplitting'.    It's not hairsplitting.  It's the key point. re your question  'how r the newbies greeted?'   As u can see for yourself, with a mixture of encouragement and constructive criticism.  Rarely snark, in this thread.  As for 'rude and condescending'  .. I don't see that.  There's the occasional troll, but...
 I beg to differ .  Sharing our understanding of the conventions is still imo  this forum's primary raison d'etre.     And of course your statement re  'people on the forum that actually command all these truths' is just a straw man that AFAIK nobody really subscribes to anyway.    Yes there are people who know and understand the conventions better than others, and I for  one am grateful for what I've learned from them-  Mafoo, Manton, Vox,  Gdl, EdMorel.   They don't post...
  it was meant to be.  you have demonstrated this often   Sacrilege.  Also wrong.  DT  I can think of dozens of principles off the cuff, and there are literally hundreds if not thousands of 'rules' or cultural conventions.  So objective judgement is possible, and necessary imo.  Nothing is more pernicious than ' Well I like it, and that's just your opinion'.
[quote name= I love the suit RoyAl, and your style.  Is that brown, red and lilac together tho?  I'd lose one of those colors:  too 'seventies.   [/QUOTE] It's brown, lilac and burgundy. Unusual for me, would typical wear cream or sky shirt and brown knitted tie, but I think this works well. And then... I grew up during the seventies. (Or really never according to some like my mother and ex-spouse.) [/quote] 'The decade that style forgot'. We have that in common. Cream...
 Suntory, get off this thread.  thanks