or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Outstanding!  Something out of the ordinary for this thread.  I love the green linen for the suit.  I find the shoes and tie a little matchy, and the square seems a bit random-  say a picture square in spring colors would be better rather than a spotty 'tie' square    -  but otherwise it's fantastic.    Noice.  I've been wondering about Ed's cashmere ties.  I have a Cappelli that's if anything too soft and feathery.
I lodged an order for pants on Sunday, and received a note that they were dispatched yesterday.  Phenomenal.
  I  Roycru's top- bottom combo is more aesthetically pleasing imo, and - take it or leave it - is  consistent with the class prejudice against navy odd trews.  Agree with AJL- I think this would look great with lite grey flannels.
 I don't have either. Logically tho the answer is yes-  a lot warmer. It's heavier + wool.
@Coxsackie  I wouldn't say I'm particularly knowledgeable there.   Have u looked in at 'The Kerbau'-  a Malaysian site?   Those guys know warm-weather suiting... and cloth in general. The warm weather ideal is a dry porous ~8oz  with the drape of cloth twice it's weight.  If it exists, I don't know about it .  That's why, given I'm mostly in A/C, I'm happier wearing 12-13oz , and for that I stick with Lesser, Oyster, Smiths Botany.    I just posted  my 10 in the '10...
@yasu10s   really nice, very envious.   Mine are all solids (but for one POW) and as u can see, the climate here is pretty warm.  My fav suits are a light brown twill, a lite grey Fresco, and a navy birdseye - all comfortable and low key.   Warm weather 1. Lite Grey (511)  Minnis Fresco ~10oz SB 2. Lt Brown twill Carlo Barbera for H Lesser 10 oz SB 3. Light Tan Herrinbone Gladson 8.5oz SB 4. Mid-Grey Minnis Fresco ~10oz SB 5. Navy Minnis Fresco ~10oz SB 6. Dk...
  The 3-ply Michael-Caine-Get-Carter-Tonik would've been like wearing sandpaper... Which explains why he was so ornery in that movie.   But 2000 if fine for me, unless it's really humid.
 I think this has been answered.   FWIW I can def see u in Solaro.  I've come to accept that I don't need another suit in that color, even tho it's prob my fav. I've been told it makes me look sallow.
 it's about the sheen.   Gives ur suit extra oooomph in awsmness.  and it does hang like steel, there's a stiffness about it. Hence why it can crack rather than fray bout the same as Fresco. 
 It's logical when u think about it, but it only really dawned on me when I had 2 suits made in the same cloth, one with the looser & shorter specs, and which feels considerably cooler.