or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Auberon Waugh on suede shoes- 'Only a shit would wear them'.  As for me, big s**t (sorry, suede lover) here.
Noice GN-  What's not to like about a well-cut gray suit and a white shirt?   I could be happy right now with a work wardrobe consisting entirely of:    5.suits in different shades of gray   5 blue and white spread collar shirts 3 silk knit ties in black, navy and bitter chocolate Oxfords in dk brown, light brown and black  infinite pairs socks in melange gray  a white linen square.   okay +  all Rubinacci's PSs
very lite flannel if I understand rite  -  texture without discomfort
 Only a cad would wear them.  Fine if they're light in color I guess.   
 It's the dandified look (no judgement)  I want to avoid.  truth   I had to give up on GYW shoes-   no fun wearing a couple of ticking time bombs-  the gemming could explode any second     Wouldn't most of us have  between say 10 and  50 pairs of dress shoes?  so not even a favorite shoe gets worn more than a couple dozen times a year.   Chances of gem failure are pretty remote.   Even Blake/rapide is fine if it's a nice looking shoe, IMO-    Mind u, I'd be howled down if...
this is it.    Has to be low contrast IMO.  Did a search and came up with these. hope Vox doesn't mind-  they all look great.  I have a suit like the first, but the hem is just a fraction too tapered on mine for the round toe. 
 Thanks Greg-  great ideas.  I was thinking with something like Adrien Brody's wearing here.  the trick is it has to be casual enogh for the cognac, but formal enough for the bal     MF thanks.  I think the pic is asm
 need some ideas for these cognac bals-  I bought these ages ago thinking they look great on their own,  but I don't know what to wear them with so that they don't dominate a fit.  LIte grey summer  suit with matching belt perhaps and  casual tie?      
Amazing!  thanks for sharing