or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Nice FH  -  Bit of cuff showing would lift it up a level iMO
thanks EFV, and yes grey. Pity. But snap, I was just this second admiring your SB SC on your site  
Hi guise, getting on a roll with simplicity. Tan & navy.  
 The Jermyn II was the grail shoe when I joined the forum.   Because they're essentially whole-cuts I think monks can sometimes look shapeless on the foot.  Right now I'm going thru a love (single) monk phase.
confused again Connery or Gert Frobe? or possibly this one on the right?   [[SPOILER]]
 +1  Uh..I misread Spectre's post.  Spectre I don't know what you mean by lack of contrast- surely there's a lot of difference between darkish browns and lightish grays?And to complicate things u post a mid-gray chalkstripe suit with  mole suedes & a gray tie. Or am i crazy? Edit:  I like those fits u just posted Spectre, that light jacket in the firs pic looks like a great fit from that angle. 
  Looks great IMO-    shoulders are a fraction on the wide side, but I don't think they look  too extended.   The rule of thumb is that the sleeve should drop in a straight line from the shoulder edge:  neither a deltoid bulge (too narrow) nor a cavity at the top of the sleeve (wide).  Nipping the waist isn't necessary IMO
 You may feel like you've developed an undeserved reputation as the thread's curmudgeon, always playing a tune no-one wants to hear, but IMO there's been a slight but positive shift towards more understated fits since you started posting regularly-  for example, Gerry Nelson, deservedly, gets a lot of love for his quiet elegance.   Question:  so where is a grenadine more optimal than a silk knit?  I love grenadines but there's no substitute for a silk knit when you really...
 guess there's lots to say about what's wrong with that paisley but you've got some sprezz going:  so I'd like to see more