or Connect

Posts by Pliny

Neither is a good idea IMHO-  too busy & square's in tie designs are a no no anyway..   If the paisley's with a suit I'd stick to crisp white linen; with an SC, puffed silk in a subdued simple large-scale (or solid cream) design that complements the tie.  An FU tie doesn't need any kind of competition from a square.   
  Nice.  Are those on the 82 last?    Brown white & gray         I like navy trews with a mid-grey SC.  Good shot.
  This one of Mathew Singer at NY Fashion Week's  pretty cas IMO or this guy, a DB no less Key is to go lite-ish EDIT:  Spectre, surely u mean 'shouldn't ever see an informal dark gray suit'?
 Something like this:    Black > Navy = Charcoal  > Mid gray > Mid blue > Brown = Light gray > Tan/beige   What I meant but didn't say very clearly was that  (cut and options aside) I find that I can take a mid-grey (hey, I'm  versatile AAS )  suit most places I can take a navy, but not vice versa
   Cleav roks. Another thing I like about gray is its versatility. Navy's invariably formal with limited application outside law, business and politics, but with the rite acessories a simple gray suit can go places navy will look overdressed