or Connect

Posts by TintoTerra

I really want this one. Do you find the coffee note to be prominent? I've read some people saying they think it's pretty light.I went to the Saks perfume counter today and when asked what they could help me with, I just said, "I don't think I want to buy anything today, I was just hoping to get a bunch of samples." and the very nice sales assistant got a small Saks bag and filled it with about 16 sample bottles. Mostly Bond and Creed though. I didn't think it would be that...
I have to say, if it weren't for this thread, I would have never gotten into fragrance like I have. I asked you guys' advice on some things about two years ago and I have been buying decants constantly since then. Thanks, I think.. I just got Dior La Collecion Vetiver today and I'm trying that out. Pretty conservative so far. Also got some others from the exclusifs collection in the mail today but haven't tried them yet. I was so impressed with leather oud that I wanted...
Champaca Absolute tonight.
It's the original insensé not ultramarine. I like it. It's a very green smelling floral to me, with kind of an unpleasantly sharp opening that smells like a dated, flowery, liquid hand soap or bubble bath.
Td'h doesn't do it for me personally. I like voyage d'hermes better. Today I'm wearing insense again.
I love Coromandel, but only when I apply it sparingly. Wearing Gucci Pour Homme tonight. There's a particular aldehyde in this that is also in cdg 2men and rose 31 that smells like a snuffed candle. I used to like it, but now I find it sort of nausea inducing. Wish I'd gone w something else.
Layering oud wood and champaca absolute today. Dark and muddy with a flowery top. I'm thinking I need a bottle of oud wood. Though to me it's notes are I'll-defined and slightly grim, it has a pleasing minimal nature.
Speaking of Oud 27 - I'm wearing La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud again today. It's very similar to Oud 27, but I find it softer and less harsh.
Amouage Dia Man today
Dior Leather Oud