or Connect

Posts by nioh

Quote: Originally Posted by krish88 I've just started working last year, and so far my wardrobe consists 90% of off the shelf shirts that fit me decently (60 to 70% well), a few OTR suits that are nearing replacement time, and 1 mtm suit I just purchased a few weeks ago. Most of the shirt fabrics are super thin and just the regular $30 to $50 shirts you get anywhere (save for 3 online MTM shirts I got for $50 which fit a bit better). Although the...
Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie I am not critical of pocket squares, or sunglasses, or long hair, or flowers, or spread collars. I'm critical of trying to do everything at once. Learn to read. This is funny because all of you that are complaining must consider yourselves to be on the razor's edge of dressing well, but what your "norm" is is miles away from what 95% of well-dressed people consider "well dressed." And I am aware that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by 888style Leather sole would do just fine. It's not a shoe to take out in bad weather any how suede and all. And the common misconception that suede is more delicate than calf has once again revealed its ugly head...
Quote: Originally Posted by HHD I like him because my hair's a bit like that. I like his jacket, shirt & tie too. The look is tiresome on middle aged Pitti Uomo men but this fellow's a lot younger and it works well on him. (If we get a full-length shot and he is wearing tighty-white Incotex and unbuckled doubled monks sans chaussettes I retract this praise.) I think AA Gill wrote that the well-dressed man should get dressed, look in the mirror and take...
Even though I haven't had some for years and years, I recall liking sour cream the best.
Quote: Originally Posted by 888style ^^ What are they? G&G
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 While you can probably drink as much you want under calorie deficit, I do find excessive drinking at odds with a healthy lifestyle. I used to go out and drink 5 nights a week, now I'm down to one and feel much 'clearer' throughout the day. On the contrary, alcohol affects the fat-burning process as detoxication gets priority over fat-burning. Hence, all else being equal, if you're looking to lose weight,...
Quote: Originally Posted by tricota Thanks guys. I do belive my very cheap wine days are over - unless I visit my parents - so I am getting in to the around 15 - 20 $ bottle of wine at the moment. Any recomendations would be hugely appreciated... In that range I think there are a lot of good rieslings to be had, gomestar listed a few producers earlier worth looking into. General recommendations are hard to give, you would do better to specify...
Essential.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 In my experience, you open the guests' bottles after the already opened host bottle(s) are finished. This can mean that you don't get to open it at all that same night, in which case you make sure to open it and put it on the table the next time they're over. This is my preferred way to handle it too. Naturally I've already picked wine to go to whatever I serve, but not appreciating gifts as gdl203 mentions...