or Connect

Posts by nioh

Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Can someone recommend me some great foreign films that moved you? No action please and no cheap laughs. Drama or dark comedy only please. Thanks! Please only recommend movies that you would consider some of your favorites of all time. Weird is fine. A potpourri of some favourite dramas, in no particular order: Il Bell'Antonio L'eclisse Le notti bianche Le mépris Le Bonheur Pierrot le fou Voces...
There seems to be a lot of complaints about using spalla camcia on business suits. With the overall rather appalling state of business dress, what issue is it really? I mean, it cannot be that bad to sport bespoke suits with spalla camcia (granted that most of them are well fitting) rather than what-have-you ill-fitting rtw shoulders. To me, fit should be above all else as the majority rather wear horrible cuts due to it's label with little or no attention to true fit.
The shirt's body and sleeves should be taken in. Obviously the trousers needs to be shorten as you've already acknowledged, but also needs the back rise fixed such that the "bags" behind your thighs disappear. I do not like the dimples in the jacket's shoulder-sleeve area, so I would have that taken care of as well. The buttoning point seems rather spot on though, as well as the general cut; it does give off a good conservative vibe.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Was gonna vote for Vox's look, but the douchebaggy Harvard ring close-up killed it. The devil-may-care attitude is one of the reasons I voted for him.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto I seriously hope in S3 they focus a lot less on Snookie and Bill. Add Jessica to make that a threesome. Couldn't be more boring. Heck, add Tara to make that a foursome even.
Quote: Originally Posted by my_alias For smart casual, would you have the botton of the trousers cuffed? I was also thinking about getting some casual white/bisque cotton/linen ones like the J Crew in this picture. Do you think going having then un-cuffed by manually rolling them up would look better? http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...5722/25722.jsp ** apologies for the questions, I am at that age where I am looking to leave the world of...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I should never have entered the Kent Wang Seersucker Contest. My regret is not so deep, nor the consequences so cataclysmic, for my folly to merit it's own thread. So, I post it here. I look back ruefully at my missteps, the poor strategy, the sheer hubris. And I must admit that edmorel was right: I shoulda worn Allen-Edmonds seconds with my Steven Aver. On the positive side, I now finally have several...
Quote: Originally Posted by Working Stiff I want to make steak tartar. Is there anything I particularly need to know? I plan to buy a piece of sirloin and chop it by hand (people seem to say that this is better than grinding, and I don't have a meat grinder). Will serve with french fries, no vegetables (green salad after). I have this recipe from Madame de St. Ange that I copied out a while back - I'm not sure whether it was she or I who omitted...
Obviously, Prince Don Fabrizio Salina gets my vote.
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII The only thing is that there is some truth in it. The most prevalent iteration of suede is a calfskin or cowhide that is too "irregular" on the grain surface to command the prices that grain calf commands. So the leather is processed and used flesh-side out. It's an attractive look...at least initially...albeit perhaps not really suitable for dressy occasions. But the real problem stems from the fact that the...