or Connect

Posts by nioh

Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto I seriously hope in S3 they focus a lot less on Snookie and Bill. Add Jessica to make that a threesome. Couldn't be more boring. Heck, add Tara to make that a foursome even.
Quote: Originally Posted by my_alias For smart casual, would you have the botton of the trousers cuffed? I was also thinking about getting some casual white/bisque cotton/linen ones like the J Crew in this picture. Do you think going having then un-cuffed by manually rolling them up would look better? http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...5722/25722.jsp ** apologies for the questions, I am at that age where I am looking to leave the world of...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I should never have entered the Kent Wang Seersucker Contest. My regret is not so deep, nor the consequences so cataclysmic, for my folly to merit it's own thread. So, I post it here. I look back ruefully at my missteps, the poor strategy, the sheer hubris. And I must admit that edmorel was right: I shoulda worn Allen-Edmonds seconds with my Steven Aver. On the positive side, I now finally have several...
Quote: Originally Posted by Working Stiff I want to make steak tartar. Is there anything I particularly need to know? I plan to buy a piece of sirloin and chop it by hand (people seem to say that this is better than grinding, and I don't have a meat grinder). Will serve with french fries, no vegetables (green salad after). I have this recipe from Madame de St. Ange that I copied out a while back - I'm not sure whether it was she or I who omitted...
Obviously, Prince Don Fabrizio Salina gets my vote.
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII The only thing is that there is some truth in it. The most prevalent iteration of suede is a calfskin or cowhide that is too "irregular" on the grain surface to command the prices that grain calf commands. So the leather is processed and used flesh-side out. It's an attractive look...at least initially...albeit perhaps not really suitable for dressy occasions. But the real problem stems from the fact that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by krish88 I've just started working last year, and so far my wardrobe consists 90% of off the shelf shirts that fit me decently (60 to 70% well), a few OTR suits that are nearing replacement time, and 1 mtm suit I just purchased a few weeks ago. Most of the shirt fabrics are super thin and just the regular $30 to $50 shirts you get anywhere (save for 3 online MTM shirts I got for $50 which fit a bit better). Although the...
Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie I am not critical of pocket squares, or sunglasses, or long hair, or flowers, or spread collars. I'm critical of trying to do everything at once. Learn to read. This is funny because all of you that are complaining must consider yourselves to be on the razor's edge of dressing well, but what your "norm" is is miles away from what 95% of well-dressed people consider "well dressed." And I am aware that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by 888style Leather sole would do just fine. It's not a shoe to take out in bad weather any how suede and all. And the common misconception that suede is more delicate than calf has once again revealed its ugly head...
Quote: Originally Posted by HHD I like him because my hair's a bit like that. I like his jacket, shirt & tie too. The look is tiresome on middle aged Pitti Uomo men but this fellow's a lot younger and it works well on him. (If we get a full-length shot and he is wearing tighty-white Incotex and unbuckled doubled monks sans chaussettes I retract this praise.) I think AA Gill wrote that the well-dressed man should get dressed, look in the mirror and take...