or Connect

Posts by nioh

Suede isn't as delicate as most people seem to think (I wear it in rain and snow). Just make sure you brush them afterwards.
Bespoke spoils you. I hardly ever wear the few RTW items I have left.
What a great, and unmistakably British, jacket. Kudos to you and your tailor.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire By average I just meant most other models I have seen by. Gotcha, I agree.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan It's not so simple. If you were talking about a fungible vendor, you could--worse comes to worst--threaten a charge back. But ostensibly Manton went to A&S because theirs is a distinct product not easily gotten elsewhere. Also, you need to foster a happy relationship with your tailor to get the best work out of him. So, while you would be within your rights as a consumer to take a stand in Manton's position, refusing...
I merely noted that if we as customers accept garments that are not up to par, we transfer somewhat all power to the tailors. They like any other proprietor should live up to their end of the deal, just as we do when paying the bill.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton What was I supposed to do? Threaten to sue? Strike Mr. Hitchcock? Sometimes the Interwebs can be exasperating. No, but given what is just discussed, clearly a customer shouldn't accept a faulty garment.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I would add that good service may correllate with price (and I think it does) but there are no guarantees. Some very expensive houses with monumental reputations are used to intimidating clients into accepting whatever they provide. They often get away with it, too. Why didn't you push harder to get A&S to recut/remake your latest jacket? Were you convinced by their justification or just tired of taking the...
Quote: Originally Posted by radicaldog This whole SG shirting thing intrigues me now. Does anyone have any good quality pictures of both versions? And are there any sources in Europe other than Charvet? Should be readily available in Italy.