or Connect

Posts by Brian1976

Terrible. I just made a donation myself, figured I'd post here and bump this back to the top for anyone that may have missed it.
Quote: Originally Posted by FtRoyalty Glad to hear you like it. Unfortunately, I was unable to pick it up this weekend and probably won't have time until this coming weekend. However, this will give me a chance to hear what is coming out at CTIA. I get the impression a lot of new phones will be released during April and May, so I can have more options. I just read a positive review of the new Incredible. My wife has the original and really likes...
Quote: Originally Posted by FtRoyalty Bump of earlier post: I will probably pick up a Thunderbolt this weekend. All the reviews state 4g is incredibly fast, but battery life suffers. I live just outside a 4g market so I'll probably get it soon. One complaint is the lack of a dual-core processor, but I'm not a gamer. The huge amount of memory is nice though. Apparently, the phone has already been rooted too. Thoughts from others? Pros or cons...
+1 for Hostgator. I've been using them for my site for a while and never had a problem. Their support has been top notch, they even helped me troubleshoot a Wordpress issue that clearly was not up to them to solve. Pretty inexpensive too.
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness I disliked using it. The contrast ratio between the background and the text was very low and made the words more difficult to pick out than when using a tablet. In fact, the sickly grey colour of the background is just plain ugly. The lack of colour is also a major drawback when reading a text that contains photos or maps where colour can be important; for example, you could never read a book about art history or...
Quote: Originally Posted by rjakapeanut they've sold millions of these devices. Excellent point. I purchased mine at Staple's and had to have them search for one in their system at another store because they were sold out along with 2 other stores that they checked first.
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness You act as if I have never heard of an e-reader before. Problem is we've moved on. I don't see a long term future for the kindle in a future filled with tablets. $200 is already too much to spend for something that can only fulfill one of the dozens of functions of an iPad or other slate. Actually I was not making any assumptions about your knowledge or lack of knowledge on e-readers. I was simply...
Quote: Originally Posted by Krish the Fish My dad just ordered it for me at Best Buy, picking it up on Friday. I'm starting to cigar review for my blog and I don't have a camera (the BB 3.2 MP camera just isn't cutting it anymore) so I'm excited to finally have something good to p&s with. I'm excited for it to come. You might also want to look into a photo tent. I purchased the one below to take pictures for my blog on office supplies. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk I haven't played with these things much, but I'm curious as to how fast they load books, turn pages, load files, etc. I've heard some of them can be pretty slow. If I get some time tonight or tomorrow, I can try and take a video of the whole purchase, download, page flip experience on one of the books I'm planning on buying. Also in addition to the places listed above, Staples also carries them and has some...
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness ^^ Hmm no, that is a poor analogy. BryanHarig has got it right. Its one advantage is its price. No I think the analogy was dead on, what was lacking might have been a better explanation of what I mean. Basically, it is similar in that both a Prius and a Kindle are both a one trick pony (not in a negative sense) be it getting good gas mileage or significantly improving the reading experience. Neither...