or Connect

Posts by paul

Linen is a summer weight, and really, should only be worn then. It was made for warmer weather, actually for hot temperature. That being said, I would wait until the weather breaks. It's condusive to wearing a (light) cashmere sweater in the summer? Get my point?
Quote: Originally Posted by ApplesHK Jantzen's Blue Blazer in Lanificio Ferro Super 150s Was this custom tailored for you? If so, did you have this done in HK?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarlee Hi all, First post. After reading the many comments about Jantzen I am wary of ordering a cotton shirt. But I haven't seen any remarks about the quality of the linen. That's what I'm after. Is it a less risky choice? And ... in what ways could I style a linen shirt to make it less informal. I'm thinking dark navy. Is it crazy to go for double cuffs? And would a stiffer interlining give the collar more rectitude?...
Wasted time! Wasted breath! I thorough convinced, some of the participating members of the forum, are just so clueless, and mis-informed! My intentions (dbachman), were just to provide you with the benefit of my own personal experience. I would only advise, that you make your own best determination, based on information provided in the forum. Good luck Sir! End of discussion.
Quote: Originally Posted by paul Yes, seriously, and I'm not adverstising, or is this a tailoring scheme! MyTailor.com is a very well respected firm. Check this forum for feedback. Sir, have you had tailored done by this firm? Probably not! THIS WAS IN RESPONSE TO (BELOW) seriously ... Quote: Originally Posted by paul Dear Sir, I've personally dealt with "The Tailored Man", for over ten years or more. Sunder, is excellent,...
Yes, seriously, and I'm not adverstising, or is this a tailoring scheme! MyTailor.com is a very well respected firm. Check this forum for feedback. Sir, have you had tailored done by this firm? Probably not!
Quote: Originally Posted by BigPhil4 I just received what was supposed to be a custom make Honk Kong Suit from William Sani. This suit cost me $1100.00 and was god-awful. The sleeves were the wrong length, the sleeves puckered at the shoulders, the pans were not lined as promised, there were no working buttons on the cuffs of the jacket, the material feels like plastic. I have been to Honk Kong many times and have many "Hong Kong" suits - this suit is...
You're correct. You should regularly try to keep your cashmere jacket cleaned. If you do your research, moths are drawn to your body, which in this case, would be in the neck rear neck area and you sleeves. In addition to using moth balls or flakes, it is also imperative to keep your garment drycleaned. The other member (JayJay) is incorrect. For your own clarification, I would recommend you researching this for yourself (as I did). p
Yes Mr. Clark, this is from my own personal experience. I might recommend one of the Hong Kong tailors. I would probably recommend MyTailor.com. Joe's firm, does excellent work. Also, I might suggest Gino Tailors. Bob S. also does excellent work. Particulary his detailed lining work. Exceptional!!!! Anywhere besides BaronBoutique! Trust me!!!
Run, don't walk, as far away from Baron Boutiquie as you can!!!!!!! Trust me, and don't be pesuaded by JOVAN !!!!!! If you're in doubt, do thorough reseach before you spend your money.