or Connect

Posts by Jenaimarr

Perhaps someone with diamond industry knowledge (rnoldh?) can shed some light: In discussion with the sales associate at HW, she explained that the Harry Winston Corp. owns their own diamond mines or has ownership stake in mines (Canadian). While their stones don't all come from their own source, she explained that HW will have first dibs on the stones that are from their Canadian mines, select the rough stones up to their standards, have them cut (not in-house),...
Sorry for the long post but I figured it might be helpful: I've actually been in the market for an engagement ring for the past 3-4 months (I was working with roughly the same budget as you) and ultimately ended up with a Harry Winston solitaire after an exhaustive search (with the g/f's input as well). After spending countless hours on pricescope learning all the various details, getting familiar with the HCA calculator (using it so much I got pretty good as...
PM sent on the Dries 3b suit!
Recent tailor damage: Shorten suit jacket Shorten sleeves (from the end) Waist taken in from sides Shorten pant hem Add button side-tab adjusters (with extra material from hem) Let out waistband and seat $180 On another suit jacket: Shorten sleeves (from shoulder) Take in waist from sides $100
Since Puma stopped making the microfiber minimal action trunks, has anyone found a similar replacement? All the trunks I see on the market have a larger waistband and/or larger "cuffs" at the leg opening, both of which aren't as comfortable.
Scientist at a cancer biotech company... ... my raw denim bleeds all over my lab coat.
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff what would Christmas be without Peanuts IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g....
Last weekend, Elton John was shopping in the Tom Ford section at Neiman Marcus on Rodeo. He is as flamboyant in person as imagined with two bigass bodyguards and a man/boy slave who actually bowed his head in deference as he handed Sir Elton a bottle of Fiji water.
Depending on if you're asian, I've always got a good haircut from Taka Hair on Sawtelle. (Though my current stylist of 5 years has now moved to Nobuuu on Westwood Bl).
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum can't PHDs always just go into industry? i'm majoring in molecular cell bio and a lot of the people i talk to go into counseling or industry and get paid low 6 figure salaries. i have to agree the medical field when taking into consideration debt and opportunity cost isn't as high earning as it seems like, but i would like to think most people in medicine go into medicine because they like...