or Connect

Posts by Jenaimarr

Quote: Originally Posted by soonami For $150+ and being non-selvage, they seem way over-priced. This in consideration of the APC NS, without the gaudy pockets and with selvage, retailing for $140, or Nudies, Acne, Ernest Sewn, etc... that often go on sale for about the $150. For anyone interested in the LA area, Hollywood Trading Company is having a 60% markdown. I picked up a pair of Nudies RRDS for $120. Because of the discount, chain...
Quote: Originally Posted by hermes the puma action minimal trunks are actually very comfortable the only problem i find with them is that you can't put them in the dryer and because of the fabric content, i find that they pill horribly over time rips trunks are similar and much more durable (but 100% cotton) if you want a minimal trunk style Your puma action minimal trunks pill? How much time are you talking? I've been wearing the puma...
I had LASIK done about 5 years ago when my vision was +4.50 in both eyes. I had 20/15 vision immediately after with no halos, flares, or loss of night vision. Granted, I already had a pre-existing condition of having larger than normal pupils which gives me awesome night vision (like a cat), but I'm more sensitive to changes in light (my eyeballs feel physical discomfort when transitioning from dark to light spaces). So far I've had no deterioration in vision at all...
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 ... why? why not? Consider the alternatives: Academia: suffer through an insufferable post-doctoral post for 60+ hours a week for 2-5years in a field foreign to you that you don't particularly want to be in ... working for peanuts (~$38k/year). Then maybe do another postdoc, maybe get an assistant professorship, maybe get a tenure track position, maybe get full professorship two decades after having...
UCLA - '01 BS in neuroscience. UCLA again for more pain - '08? Ph.D in molecular and medical pharmacology. What is all this basic science education going to amount to? Call me misguided or just plain foolish, but I want to take a sabbatical from science after graduation next year and work in management consulting.
Anyone for squarecut trunks? Puma action minimal trunks get my unabashed support. - Almost second-skin like thin nylon/elastane so you can fit into any jeans regardless of mooseknuckle tightness. Plus, doesn't absorb moisture for those with ass-wetness problems when working out/playing sports. Another benefit is they stay taught the whole day unlike cotton which stretches out and gives you the old man ass sag. - Trunk styles don't have the problem of the...
The fit of the suit was absolutely spot on like it was custom made for me. At a recent wedding I attended, I wore a combination of the Kent Wang hand-me-down brown pinstripe suit, coupled with the KW exclusive faint-leaf pattern white cotton pocket square and a pink textured tie (yes that's a tiebar too... I'd like to think I wear it with panache instead of an old man stodginess). The outfit was the bees knees with the ladies (albeit a slightly flamboyant ensemble...