or Connect

Posts by Jenaimarr

Quote: Originally Posted by Bartolo How much was the 30k service? Someone is paying for that service . . . and it stands to reason it's the customers. Longo Lexus was about $300 while Santa Monica and Bev. Hills were asking close to $600.
I couldn't be happier with my Lexus dealer service (Longo Lexus in El Monte). When I had my 30k service done, they came to my workplace (35 miles away, up to 2 hours in LA traffic) to pick up my car on a flatbed truck and dropped off their loaner IS350. When my car was finished the next day, they flatbed delivered my car back to my workplace. On top of that, their 30k maintenance service charge was $200-$300 cheaper than the local dealers (Santa Monica & Beverly...
I've been going to Georges for a few years now. He's done the whole spectrum of things for me like pants hemming, shortening jacket sleeves (both from the sleeve end as well as from the shoulder due to working buttonholes), jacket shortening, taking in the waist/back, as well as creating pants side adjusters (button) from the extra fabric from hemming. He's pretty meticulous about his alterations too as he always gets rid of that little wrinkle of jacket material...
I dated my neighbor down the hall in my condo complex. We are now engaged. I initially asked her out (via Facebook) under the guise of furniture shopping. True story.
Quote: Originally Posted by shahanshah wow only a couple PhDs herE ? isn't genentech (at least one branch) located somewhere between SD and LA ? Manufacturing is located in Oceanside/SD. Only R&D facility I'm aware of is in SF.
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Next, is kind of funny. Technically, I think what you described is illegal ( if the out of state address is not a primary residence ). But, I don't know anyone in the industry ( not that I know that many players ), that would not do it and it's comforting to know about HW. Of course, this is just a public message board, and weather HW, or anyone I know of really did that, I have no idea. Illegal or not,...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh ... And, Jenaimarr, I have never seen anyone do as much research and comparing before buying a stone. I think you might have slipped over into subjectivity more than objectivity a little, but so what if you are happy, enjoyed the search, and were OK with the price. I have a feeling that by the end of your purchasing period you knew more about the technical aspects of diamonds than some of the HW people. An...
It seems the most oft repeated advice is that the money can be better spent on a downpayment on a house or buying a car. What if the couple is in the position where they both own their own respective dwellings and both own cars? Does spending an exorbitant amount on a wedding become ok or would one suggest to buy more houses and/or more cars? For discussions sake, I'll be getting married this Autumn working with about a 50k budget for 200 people (which is a middle...
B.S. Neuroscience Worked for 2 years in biotech doing onocology therapeutics research. Ph.D Molecular Pharmacology & Toxicology Went back to the same oncology company albeit at a much higher position/salary.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan It doesn't matter what mine a diamond comes from or who gets first pick. The quality and cut of the stone are what count. Harry Winston does not have a monopoly on top-quality diamonds. The 4 C's are very rudimentary. You need to learn about cut and proportions. Yes, I'm very well aware that that 4C's are the very baseline of rudimentary understanding. Since I was using the selected HW ring as my...