or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Ouch!M-o-MPostgrad student, Literature and Modernity, University of Edinburgh.I know what you mean - you don't mean T S Eliot, Virginia Woolf, Katherine Mansfield, etc. Or maybe you do! LOL.I went to a seminar in a mohair suit the other day!
That's how it struck me too. Every single one I heard at the Savoy Rooms...... except that one! It would depend where you were. I remember Roy (lasttye) saying that it was almost 100% solid where he lived - if you weren't a skinhead you weren't anybody.By the way, in 1970, someone bought me 'Bridge over Troubled Water' album for my birthday!
Currently listening to this over breakfast. 'Reggae inna your Jeggae' indeed! Good grief!I'm actually going to a reggae night in Dundee on Saturday, so I'll be saturated!
I don't know where you get the idea I'm near Washington. I'm an ocean from DC and a few hours by train from the Washington that sits between Sunderland and Newcastle-upon-Tyne!I'm in Perth, Scotland, and so's the shop. At other times I'm on campus in Edinburgh - and I know where all the vintage clothes shops are in that city!
I'm with you, Boo-Boo!
Back in the day we wen't into a shop and asked for 'Levis' or 'Wranglers', never knew there were different types/models/whatevers.As for 'look wrong', the real answer is to pick a pair that 'look right' on you. That's much better than an 'authentic' pair that don't suit you, I would say. Today's Wranglers seem to suit me better than today's Levis - I don't fight it.
Here's Wednesday's swag.
Average out our hair and you have two normal haircuts!
Part of my heritage! When I first got into mod in the NW they were what you had to wear.
Okay, Wednesday is charity shop day, and today I got a knitted tie, two pairs of cufflinks, and a tiepin.