or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Doesn't stop him being a 'scruffy cnut'!
Here, try on this polythene bag for size.
You're not going to believe this, but I'm actually working on THE BOOK again!
Essential mod kit in t'North!
This'll just alert you that I've quoted you - see above.
@Roytonboy - sorry, the site is acting up and won't let me quote. M-o-M, Now I see a larger copy of the photo, I can see that the seated lad's jacket is not, as I previously thought, denim, but is in fact a needle cord Wrangler jacket (very popular late '68 early '69) I've blown it up as far as I can without losing definition, and I think you're right. You can certainly make out that the label is a Wrangler one. The definition won't let you see the cord, and it still...
I used to do that. It drove my mum mental. If she caught me going out of the house with jeans and my suit jacket she would go on and on and on. She would have been hard pressed to stop me physically, but there's only so much "You're not going out dressed like that!" a kid can take before opting for the quiet life.But that was where a flight bag came in handy. You could pop a jacket or a pair of jeans in it and change in the bus station toilet!Except It was a struggle to...
I recall that any attempt I ever made at dyeing or bleaching always turned out to be an expensive disaster.
I was always led to believe they were too. However, I don't know any of them. There was a hard-core mod crowd in mid 68 and if we didn't know each other's names we knew each other faces. But also there were some newbie 'mini-mods' coming along, and I guess by 69 a whole lot of lads who jumped on the skinhead look, which had taken a lot of the late mod look anyway (old ground here). A dozen or so pages back there was a link to a 'personal journey' from Blackpool mod to...
I first saw leather Levis jackets in 1968 in Blackpool, usually worn by blokes who had a bit more disposable income, and right at that brief moment when a few guys grew out their college boy cut for a couple of months (before having it re-cut). Dave Lee, the bloke in Blackpool you did not want to pick a fight with had one. I bought one cheap from a mate just before I left for London, and within a week I had a frantic letter from his mum to say he'd nicked it and could she...