or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

I seem to remember that we got ours from a branch of Millets in Lewisham.
His suits were immaculately tailored. I have been watching some 1968 episodes on the ITV hub.
Fred Perry: Freds were the tennis shirt of choice where I was. If anything, I saw more mods wearing alternative brands (usually entirely without logos) than skinheads. 'The': Just going back to 'mob' names, such as 'The Kilburn'. I've remembered an incident from 1969. There was a whole bunch of us in the bowling alley cafe in Lewisham one day, which one of the two places we would all regularly meet (the other being the Savoy Rooms, of course). We were discussing...
Meanwhile... Simon Templar, The Saint Series 6 ep3, in an unlined Harrington.
Really? Gosh, that had entirely escaped my notice!
That rings a bell. Thanks Bryan.
Continuing to collate the book. I have found in my notes contributions from the following, who seem to have been around 'back in the day'. I need confirmation from them that they were, and details of their names. I'm posting this appeal here, but will also send PMs (with the proviso that I'm STILL not getting alerts!): Circustavern777 (Alan? Would have been about 14 in 1969, which is okay.) Pressure Drop (Chris?) Gringo.
Just a little lesson in the English language, Gilles. 'Modest' is not the superlative form of the adjective 'mod'.
Looking back through the thread and (now) trying to assemble material into book form, I have been struck by something that I had forgotten but that really stands out. It's how in London we used to refer to mobs by the definite article and the place name, and that's it - 'The Kilburn', for example. That's where they got "We're the Weetabix" from.
Fast talkin', slow walkin', good lookin' Mohair Sam! The suit above is the blue mohair job I picked up from John Simons a couple of weeks ago. A fairly minimalist look. Sorry it's not a great photo. Absolutely nothing can be done to improve the model, short of a paper bag. And the next one... ... is the grey PoW suit I bought at Adam Shener's in Petticoat Lane last November. Again the quality of the photo isn't up to much, and the model hasn't improved. Simon Templar...