or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Close. I would wear the jacket with a (white) Fred Perry, though, and I guess I have a 'thing' about not doubling a logo.
I don't mind, DJ. I've long since got used to the idea that photos of me from back then have been pretty-much assumed to be public property!
As you would expect on a thread of this length, we've been here before!I know that I called them 'surfer jackets' at the time because of a well-known pic of the beach boys wearing the style. It's just a generic 1960s American college-boy-style windcheater, I guess. They were nylon back then, and unlined. In the NW of England in 1966/67 they were most commonly navy blue with plain navy collar/cuffs, less commonly light blue with plain navy collar/cuffs, quite rarely plain...
Thanks DJ. The Casanova looks about right. I would have preferred black cuffs/collar, but I forgot to put that in my requirements, dopey git that I am!
Acquired from a vintage clothing shop in Stockbridge, Edinburgh, recently - a vintage Tootal scarf.
Does anyone know where I can pick up a surfer/monkey/bomber jacket to the following specifications: 1. Red (Burgundy is an acceptable alternative) 2. No piping on cuffs and collar (unless I have absolutely no choice in the matter). 3. Absolutely no pilot pockets on the sleeve. 4. non-zip side pockets. 5. No inner whatjamacallit on the zip (i.e. not like an MA-1 jacket has) Thanks.
Does anyone know where I can pick up a surfer/monkey/bomber jacket to the following specifications: 1. Red (Burgundy is an acceptable alternative) 2. No piping on cuffs and collar (unless I have absolutely no choice in the matter). 3. Absolutely no pilot pockets on the sleeve. 4. non-zip side pockets. 5. No inner whatjamacallit on the zip (i.e. not like an MA-1 jacket has) Thanks.
I was there for the Rolling Stones gig and one or two others, sometimes by myself and sometimes with other skins - too few of us to 'riot', we mainly hung around the periphery, even listened to the music. I did hear that other (larger?) bunches did (ahem!) indulge in high jinks, but I never saw it happen.
Your vertical hold's gone!
Somebody mentioned the recurring question about where to clip your braces. Rule-of-thumb for me: 1) where they help your strides hang right, and 2) where they don't slip off your shoulders.