or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Yeah. I have images of all the relevant pages. I'm not particularly proud of the venture. Someone once told me I had 'invented the fanzine'. What I think I actually did was fail to invent the fanzine. It was the wrong thing in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Mod Pete Heed wearing a two-button suit. He and his mates overlapped the skinhead era, wore many things that could be claimed as 'skinhead', and never thought of themselves as anything but mods.
I remember cadging a red paisley tie from my dad. He had a dark blue one with the arms of Ulster on it; I don't know why, we had no connection with Northern Ireland, Ulster Unionism, the Orange Order or anything like that. In 1969 almost all of my ties were striped, and I still have one of them somewhere (London University colours, I think).
I was going to say "... and he's playing a Fender Telecaster," but now I daren't!
I stand corrected. Somehow 'Baracuta' entered the folklore about Slowhand. My apologies for perpetuating it. I should know better, as the owner of a vintage G9 myself.
Ahem. Heat.
Smart, but why has he got his hand in his flies?
Seconded.Does this mean we are the mods?
If we're talking aspirational, then I wish I could look as cool now as this guy in a period Norman Hilton ad.The trouble with photos from back in the day - I could post dozens of pics of Steve Marriott - is that the people in them are young, and I'm not.
Not strictly true, but I know what you mean.A profit would be nice - we'll be trying for commercial publication.