or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Beats the hotly total fcuk out of me. Has always beaten the holy total fcuk out of me.
I have pencilled it in.By the way, I am still not getting alerts from this site, for either thread or for PMs. If anyone wants to update me, please do it by email.
I think the copper on the left is Lord Lucan. NOW at last we know!
I remember hearing it being referred to in 1970 as a 'centre crop'. But the caveat there is that that was also the name given to the skinhead girls' cut in 1969.
If it does, there's a dodge, and that is to camouflage it with a turn-up. Back in the day we used to have a slim turn-up, maybe 1", on our Sta--prest. See my now-famous 'sheepskin photo'.
Sorry I haven't been around for a while - the site is STILL not giving me alerts, despite my having everything ticked/checked.I remember a publicity shot of the Move back then, with them all wearing gangster-style suits in various colours. I can't find it on the web though.
I'm not convinced that the double-breasted suits that buttoned that high up were as a result of Bonnie and Clyde. That movie came out in 1967, and I remember the high-buttoning d/b suits before then, maybe a kind of mod-neo-Edwardian look. The gangster-style suits buttoned lower. Here's an interesting set of piccolos! The one on the right is more... ahem... gangster era in design, but would probably have been a fairly stock tailor's design in its day. I'm sure I have seen...
Yes, exactly. There was a lot of this about, I'm sorry to say. It was particularly irksome when you consider that the mods who wore braces wore them (according to what I was told, first hand) so that their strides would hang right.Of all the jeans I have worn, Levis are the ones that tend to bag at the knees, shrink-to-fit or not. Braces just lined them up a wee bit better.Okay, my 1967 Westcotts used to bag even worse, now I come to think of it.
Is this still open? It might be the place to experiment with my suit-jacket-and-jeans look (harking back to 1968). Trouble is I won't be able to post until Saturday - too much on.
It strikes me that if you went into a shop and asked for Levis in 1979, you would have been handed a pair of bell-bottoms. Believe it or not I actually had a pair in 1979!BTW those actually looked too big for him. It's difficult to say whether they're actually bell bottoms or just hanging really badly. Injudiciously-placed braces can do weird things to a pair of strides.