or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

I'm on the forum at the moment [9:20am, Saturday] transcribing stuff for 'the book'. I try to do a little when I can. I'm into the 660s, which shows you how slow the going is. I wish I could move along a little faster. I just realised I am into a section I should have left for Little Queenie, but I couldn't see the point in stopping.
Oh stop it!
Sweet!
Having picked up a G9, no one's going to stop me wearing it, even though it's beige! One of my 'birds' back in the day used to say "Blue and green should never be seen." Actually the saying is "Red and green should never be seen, except on the back of a fool"!'Back in the day' (again! sorry) Lovat green was a mod colour, and a blue/green mix was common for 2-tone Tonik.I have a tan suede trucker jacket that dark green looks good with. In fact I usually wear it with a...
Yes I agree. 'Mardie' was a mod from Southampton who came to Goldsmiths at the same time as I did. We had a falling out, and I cut her off the picture out of spite. The pic was taken at Margate, August Bank Holiday Monday 1969.
I wasn't going to mention this, as it's a bee in my bonnet. It's one of these things that I always declare "Skinheads didn't do that!", and then along comes photo evidence of some skinheads doing it...... and the next thing you see is hordes of people (later types trying to recapture what they suppose the look to have been) doing it.Damn this bee! Anyone got any insect spray?
Back in the day (for me, late 1967 to early 1970) I had a thing about green. For example, I bought a green surfer jacket with some thin red and white piping down the length of the sleeve. I thought it looked distinctive and Italian. I don't recall having to do much to co-ordinate it with other stuff I was wearing. Our shirts were mostly white anyway, and it looked okay with Levis. When airline shoulder bags were in, I bucked the trend for BEA and BOAC and bought a green...
Looks more like he's scratching his nose. I think that pic's period.
I suppose I can just about get away with claiming this young mod as an 'old mate of mine', having bumped into him several times in the old Three Tuns in Beckenham (though in his 'Major Tom' days). RIP
[quote name="Bela Kun" url="/t/89027/mod-to-suedehead/22665#post_8263461" A question about modern Lee Rider 101's... [/quote] My jeans of choice.