or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Jesus wept!
Just saying that I knew about it and went there. I tended to visit Brewer St more often. Even so, I didn't visit all that often - no money!
Been there, done that, bought the G9.
Crap photos, though.
Still not getting alerts, by the way.
Just for fun. Late 1960s. Here are two pics of myself, one back-in-the-day, one contemporary, both on the steps outside Goldsmiths College, London. Me in 1969: Ben Sherman shirt, gash sheepskin from the market, Levi Sta-Prest strides, brown boots (not DMs). Me contemporary: Polaroid shades from Boots, b/d yellow shirt by God-knows-who, Baracuta G9 Harrington, Wrangler Jeans, brown brogues by Jones the Bootmaker, Glasgow. I would have gladly worn an outfit like that in...
Well let's see - I might do it just for fun.Anyhow, Wednesday is charity shop day, and today this sports jacket came in. it's about 40" chest (i.e. much to small for me), but it's really nicely tailored, although the picture doesn't show that.
If you're talking about The Clachan in Kingly St, then it's a long-ish and interesting stroll from where I intend to stay for the night, so that'll do nicely for me.
Word!
The closest the High Street has come yet to the kind of plain blue surfer jacket I knew in 67/68. ('Selected', John Lewis, St James Centre, Edinburgh, April 9th.)