or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Thanks DJ. The Casanova looks about right. I would have preferred black cuffs/collar, but I forgot to put that in my requirements, dopey git that I am!
Acquired from a vintage clothing shop in Stockbridge, Edinburgh, recently - a vintage Tootal scarf.
Does anyone know where I can pick up a surfer/monkey/bomber jacket to the following specifications: 1. Red (Burgundy is an acceptable alternative) 2. No piping on cuffs and collar (unless I have absolutely no choice in the matter). 3. Absolutely no pilot pockets on the sleeve. 4. non-zip side pockets. 5. No inner whatjamacallit on the zip (i.e. not like an MA-1 jacket has) Thanks.
Does anyone know where I can pick up a surfer/monkey/bomber jacket to the following specifications: 1. Red (Burgundy is an acceptable alternative) 2. No piping on cuffs and collar (unless I have absolutely no choice in the matter). 3. Absolutely no pilot pockets on the sleeve. 4. non-zip side pockets. 5. No inner whatjamacallit on the zip (i.e. not like an MA-1 jacket has) Thanks.
I was there for the Rolling Stones gig and one or two others, sometimes by myself and sometimes with other skins - too few of us to 'riot', we mainly hung around the periphery, even listened to the music. I did hear that other (larger?) bunches did (ahem!) indulge in high jinks, but I never saw it happen.
Your vertical hold's gone!
Somebody mentioned the recurring question about where to clip your braces. Rule-of-thumb for me: 1) where they help your strides hang right, and 2) where they don't slip off your shoulders.
I seem to remember that we got ours from a branch of Millets in Lewisham.
His suits were immaculately tailored. I have been watching some 1968 episodes on the ITV hub.
Fred Perry: Freds were the tennis shirt of choice where I was. If anything, I saw more mods wearing alternative brands (usually entirely without logos) than skinheads. 'The': Just going back to 'mob' names, such as 'The Kilburn'. I've remembered an incident from 1969. There was a whole bunch of us in the bowling alley cafe in Lewisham one day, which one of the two places we would all regularly meet (the other being the Savoy Rooms, of course). We were discussing...