or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Oh well. I'll watch anyway, because it's such an interesting documentary series and he's such a nice bloke. I watched the one about bluegrass and minstrel music.
I'm away from home at the moment, but will be getting that on iPlayer as soon as poss.
Is it a trick of the light, or is he wearing his chuddies over his strides?
Another memory. I used to go to matches at Millwall quite a lot, because there were a lot of faces I knew from the Savoy Rooms who went there. I can remember round about the time we all started wearing sheepskins, one bloke called 'Steptoe' (because even though he was young he looked a lot like Wilfrid Brambell) had a kind of brown, all-over-fleece-fur coat. He took some stick for it, and had to put up with a chant of "Steptoe's a bear, Steptoe's a bear, everybody knows...
You mean a sleeveless thing like the sergeant wears in The Third Man? Very much a coalman/dustman item. They used to turn up in surplus shops in the high street regularly.
Straying off a little, here's a pic of the late Leonard Nimoy, bless him, along with Zachary Quinto. I don't know what Zach's been drinking, but if you just smarten him up a little... I have been remembering more stuff from back in the day. I recall soon after I got my first Harrington, the toggle came off the zip, just as I was going out. I was vain enough to want to wear the jacket regardless, because they had only just come into fashion around our way. I grabbed...
Yep, you're right, we have been over this. I never saw one worn by a skinhead South of the River, even at football. Trying to figure out why, now the subject is up again. Maybe it has to do with employers. I think the biggest employer S of the river might have been Tate & Lyle. No big factories, no Ford's, and only smaller docks, so mainly smaller employers.
That was precisely the point! LOL
No, but you know what I mean. We squeezed all the juice out of the subject.
Yes, we've argued the hell out of that one, even getting Nick Knight's opinion on the matter.