or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Yes.Next question?
Interesting. As I said, a suit jacket with jeans was a very 1968 look, particularly in the North of England. A quirk of style that worked with teenagers. My mum hated it, but then she hated everything I wore. It is a love-it-or-hate-it look. Some time soon I may experiment with the concept and, if it convinces me, present some photos here. If not, I'll forget it.
Here's a question: None of us here are teenagers. Can we still - or do any of you try to - wear a suit jacket with jeans? That was a big look amongst late mods. [btw, the site has stopped sending me alerts ]
Very interesting answers about tattoos, by the way.
This thread (and 'the look goes on') has stopped sending me alerts.
We have a (brand new) pair for sale in the charity shop that don't have that kind of laces. Want me to have a look what size they are?
Any idea when/where this one was from? I ask because I'm on record as saying I couldn't remember anyone wearing tattoos back then. I don't doubt there were many, but not round our way.
Interesting to see the snap at the wedding, with the girls with their skirts up to their armpits.
I have to laugh when I hear the term 'suedehead' anyway. Round where I used to hang out, 'suedehead' was a short-lived, non-serious term for a very brief stage between the short college-boy haircut and shoulder-length hair. It was never a 'subculture', it wasn't around long enough.I think that Bronco Bullfrog's promoters have just happened to pluck the word out of the air because it was 'current' somewhere around the time of the film's original release (well about 6-9...
"... shouting, clapping, and generally making their presence felt."Quelle horreur!