or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Wednesday is charity shop day, and today I spotted some... well... interesting clobber. None of it in my size, not quite my style either, but interesting... A very minimalist look to this jacket. The inside label says 'Marsh', and it is made of wool. 38" chest. Daks tweed sports jacket, 46" chest. Apologies that the shop doesn't have any hangers on which either jacket hangs properly.
I believe the original Baracuta did not have lined sleeves. However, down in S E London I didn't know anyone that had a Baracuta, but I have this weird memory of seeing one or two lads who wore their cheapo Harringtons inside out (label removed of course). Somebody please put me out of my misery and tell me I imagined all this.
Horrorshow, O my little brother!
Just by chance I read the latest comments on hats just before I went off to campus this morning, so I thought I would take a quick snap of the headgear I was wearing at the time. Brown corduroy 'flat bunnet'. It was a gift to me from the daughter of some friends, who is a fashion designer. She gave it to me about 5 years ago, saying it was a sample made up for a company in London. But the thing is... the mark inside is "Tress & Co", and I'm sure they haven't traded in a...
A lot of girls wore Jaytex or Brutus Trimfit, because they were generally cut very slim. I think this might be a Brutus.
They look better in the flesh. Honest.
Forget it, I'm not about to ruin the 'Auld Alliance'!
Awa an' hing upside-doon in a tree!
Awa tae hell, ye lang streak o' dyke-watter!
Just one final comment on this challenge - this wonderful mash-up.