or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Blimey! There's a blast from the past. I'd almost forgotten that record. I had it.
I like 'solefie'.
Is there a footwear equivalent of the 'selfie' I wonder? 'Shoeselfie'?
Really nice!
I hear you, but on the other hand, trends have to start somewhere. By about 1967/68 there was a general 'mod' look all over Britain, with minor local differences. It was fairly static, and you could expect to see an embryonic version of 'the look' just about anywhere. But based on what I saw in South London during late 1968 and the whole of 1969, and while hopping back and forward to the NW, I was convinced (and still am) that certain important details of what became...
Yep, more than once.
It looks about 1968, maybe 1967. I would very much doubt that they would have considered themselves anything but members of a single group at the time. I think if you had asked them, they would have been more likely to have said "We're mods", as the 'skinhead' tag wasn't in use at the time.From my point of view, it's good to see plain surfer jackets without piping on the collar and cuffs. I wonder what the light coloured one's actual colour is. Up North in 1967, there were...
You could power a small city with the static!
Damn! Went clean out of my head, Colin! Do you still have the link?I had a pair of high street Gibsons in Blackpool in 1968. They were fairly smart but nothing remarkable. You would have found some Northern mods wearing them at that time.I think that's what I'm wearing in this photo below. However there are problems with this photo, firstly the fact that the colour has faded, and secondly that I am now finding it hard to put a date on it.I know from the location that it...
Now that is the apron length I remember on Gibsons back in the day. I don't remember them being any shorter (i.e. further back towards the laces) than that.