or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Actually, now I come to think about it, his did look a bit more like canvas than denim. It's good to know I didn't imagine it. Anyhow, he was the only person I ever saw in them.
Further surprise - I have that book. Someone bought it for me as a birthday present last year.
Yesterday I was in the local branch of T K Maxx, and I happened to pick up a pair of Levi 514s in 'jungle' green. I thought - Why not? They're a good fit, and as I'm not going to be able to find a pair of 'original' jungle greens (without patch pockets up the legs) I might as well have a pair. T K Maxx does a lot of end-of-line Levis stuff. Anyway, it reminded me of the first time I went back from London to Blackpool for a flying visit. I was wearing jungle greens, and...
Basically everywhere between Berwick and Darlington, I'd say.
Maybe worth picking up if you can find a tatty copy in a car boot sale or a charity shop.
I filled in one of those limited-character feedback forms on the Beeb's web site. Reply from BBC, by email, re IGG, included the following: "Whilst the drama researches all their scripts and storylines, a certain amount of dramatic licence is occasionally used in order to keep the story moving forward. We appreciate that even the most minor deviation from accuracy can be irritating to some viewers..." (my emphasis) No opportunity to say anything back to them as it's a...
It is said that Col. George Armstrong Custer had a Geordie Trooper at the Battle of the Little Big Horn. He sent this brave lad on ahead as a scout. After being out ahead of the column for a while he suddenly came galloping back to Custer."Sor! Sor!" he gasped. "Theore's thoosands and thoosands o' Injuns ower the hill, aal yellin' and dancin' and bangin' on drums!""Well done, Trooper," said Custer. "Tell me, are they war drums?""Why, na!" said the Geordie Trooper. "They're...
Jamie was one of the crew at IT when I was doing Yell. He was - as I recall - writing Buttons at the time. I seem to recall he was dating Joy Farren, Mick Farren's ex-wife (Mick was in 'proto-punk' band The Deviants). I never read Buttons but did read his novel Harmony Farm.Blimey, that was a weird time in my life!
Yes, that was last year. I was talking about long, long ago...
A few pages ago we were discussing what mods wore instead of parkas, and I mentioned the Pack-a-Mac coat. Today someone introduced me to the R&B CD 'Modernists - A Decade Of Rhythm & Soul Dedication'. I'm putting a detail from the cover pic below - it's a bunch of mid-60s mods - and I'm trying to make out what the guy on the left is wearing. It appears to be an unlined nylon coat, much like what I was talking about. That kind of creases in it wouldn't be there if it was...