or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Could well be. I was actually thinking about the illustrations throughout the book, which have sparked some lively to-and-fro on here.
Indeed! I remember talking to some Charlton fans when it had been suggested that Athletic was about to move to Milton Keynes, or 'Up North' as they put it!But Bedford? Come on, you can spit there from Potters Bar!
It's interesting to see how jackets are fastened in the two pics below - which I believe have been identified as being Bedford, hardly in the North. They are supposed to have been taken in early '69, by which time the look in London was already hardening to skinhead.The style of wearing a blazer or (in this case) a suit jacket described by roytonboy crops up in the well-known illustration below, which supposedly shows style from 1970 (where?). But there has been heated...
In the late mid 60s, up north, I saw a lot of mods with just the top button done up. It was a style I tried to copy. In addition to it being seen with suit jackets and blazers, it was the practice with Levi jackets too (not the throat button, of course, but the second highest). Top and middle was also frequent.68/69 in the part of London I came to, top and middle, or simply middle, seemed to be preferred.
How do you work that out?
Off topic a bit, but I took this pic today while waiting for a parade of hot rod cars - the Rockabilly Pensioner of Perth!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKWtCj4OmMA
I was going to say - I'll have that!
'Bucket T' was a surf/hotrod number originally recorded by Jan & Dean. I can see what you mean by 'country', though. I think it's meant to convey the rickety nature of the old Model T Ford the hotrodder found on a Tennessee farm.
When 'guardsman's jackets' were all the rage, there was a lot of 2nd hand stuff in boutiques etc.