or Connect

Posts by Man-of-Mystery

Often known in the UK as 'Charles Az-no-voice'.[Off topic again, but I recall my mum and dad had an LP of French songs, including a version of 'Frappe dans tes mains' by Aznavour.]
Reginald D Hunter's Songs of the South last weekend actually featured the Muscle Shoals sessions, Aretha Franklin and so on amongst other stuff. Next week (he says) it's actually going to be New Orleans rather than Memphis. So expect Louis Armstrong, Dr John, Allen Toussaint, The Meters, and so on. BBC iPlayer also has a documentary about James Brown available.
That has to beat having to transcribe them all!
Hello - light and rest yer saddle.In answer to your question, not that I can remember. I do remember we often tried to bunk in to the cinema through the fire exit though.
tee hee!
Oh well. I'll watch anyway, because it's such an interesting documentary series and he's such a nice bloke. I watched the one about bluegrass and minstrel music.
I'm away from home at the moment, but will be getting that on iPlayer as soon as poss.
Is it a trick of the light, or is he wearing his chuddies over his strides?
Another memory. I used to go to matches at Millwall quite a lot, because there were a lot of faces I knew from the Savoy Rooms who went there. I can remember round about the time we all started wearing sheepskins, one bloke called 'Steptoe' (because even though he was young he looked a lot like Wilfrid Brambell) had a kind of brown, all-over-fleece-fur coat. He took some stick for it, and had to put up with a chant of "Steptoe's a bear, Steptoe's a bear, everybody knows...
You mean a sleeveless thing like the sergeant wears in The Third Man? Very much a coalman/dustman item. They used to turn up in surplus shops in the high street regularly.