or Connect

Posts by munchausen

Epic humblebrag
It's a desert kingdom that has a lot in common with Spain. The people there are supposed to be of Valyrian descent (like the Targaeryans) and they are culturally different from the rest of Westeros. I believe they were the last kingdom on the continent to become part of the empire. They are hot blooded and oversexed (although they play up the oversexed part on the show a bit more than in the books).I'm hoping that we eventually meet the Sand Snakes.
Or having Cat release Jaime before hearing about Bran and Rickon. In the book it's transparently foolish but understandable as the actions of a mother dealing with monumental grief. In the show it just makes her look stupid and weak.
Remember the first episode, where they turned Drogo into a rapist? It was an equally baffling choice then. Not that there is any shortage of rape in the books, but in both of these cases the rape runs very much counter to the characterization.
The Jaime rape scene was an bizarre choice to say the least, seeing as Jaime is supposed to be on the road to being a more sympathetic character. I can't think of any reason why they would have done that.
Bran is the most important character in the book, but the show doesn't do a very good job of selling that
Honky Tonk Heroes is one of my all time favorite albums, and this is probably my favorite song on the album.Apparently Waylon's arrangement of the song led to a fist fight between him and Shaver. Although my impression is that almost anything could lead to a fist fight with Shaver.
Well it's been a little while since I had a Duchess or a Grand Cru, so maybe I am remembering those more sour than they are. I've only had one geuze and I remember it being sour enough that I couldn't really enjoy it.
Not that sour. More similar to Duchess de Bourgogne or Rodenbach Grand Cru
Goose Island Lolita - Excellent sour. Goose Island is just killing it lately.