or Connect

Posts by munchausen

Well it's been a little while since I had a Duchess or a Grand Cru, so maybe I am remembering those more sour than they are. I've only had one geuze and I remember it being sour enough that I couldn't really enjoy it.
Not that sour. More similar to Duchess de Bourgogne or Rodenbach Grand Cru
Goose Island Lolita - Excellent sour. Goose Island is just killing it lately.
Cowgirl Creamery Red Hawk. Possibly the finest washed rind cheese I've ever had. Could be a bit stronger but overall it's unbelievably delicious
the problem with both of the last two books is that while there are a lot of nice details and some cool storylines (Arya) and some storylines that seem like they are headed somewhere interesting (Sam's story, whatever is happening in the prologue of A Feast for Crows), but there are no huge epic game changing climactic moments. Especially coming after ASoS, the second half of which is just one "holy shit" moment after another.
he was great. I have to wonder if this role is going to haunt him, though. It's going to be hard to see him and think of anything else.
Brooklyn Brewing Wild Streak. The name is really misleading, as this isn't a wild ale or a sour at all. Really just strikes me as an average belgian style strong ale, which raises the question of why it's so damn expensive. Brooklyn Brewing has never once impressed me but they seem to be everywhere, so every once in a while I try something of theirs.
I also noticed in Melisandre's conversation with Stannis's daughter that the R'hollor religion is similar to gnosticism; i.e. in that the earth is hell. I dont remember if that was in the book or not.
One of those questions that is just begging for massive spoilershint: I imagine we will find out in next week's cold opener
No flowers this year (although I might plant a few marigolds today if the rain lets up) but I'm got peppers (bell, serrano and jalapeno), tomatoes, lettuce, arugula, spinach, squash, basil, cilantro, and oregano coming up. It's been kind of cool this spring so far but plenty of rain so it's looking good. Also the juniper tree I planted last year and had been looking a bit worrisome since fall is growing and looking nice and green.