or Connect

Posts by SamSpade

How old is the suit, what's up with the strange label - never seen this specific type of brioni tag/label
pm sent
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar Being in motion is one thing but the body movement in the picture is so unnatural it is becoming tragical. GQ is allright if you do not have a clue about fashion ,designers and sartorial etiquette. If you're a little bit more advanced ,you will see the cracks appearing very quickly:Lazy journalism, badly constructed articles, product placement and so many other things. Quoted for telling it like it is....
Quote: Originally Posted by jcriswel Here we have one jumping and wearing a tight suit. For the right frame, the newer slimmed down suits look good to me. Well, that's definitely too tight - even on this doctored photo it's obvious he'd barely be able to move if he attempted to function... - the jacket and the pants pull in multiple places. I used to like the slim suits trend, but finally my eyes opened to the truth - the surgically...
Quote: Originally Posted by Scuttlebutt If it's got a sign that looks like: Beg to differ... While the Jos Bank stuff is clearly beater/travel stuff, no question, for their prices these are some of the best values around.
Quote: Originally Posted by idfnl Man o man, where to start Fashion victim 101. This photo actually induces a gag reflex. I'm off to the restroom.
While I don't quite buy the OP theory, my problem with expensive shoes/clothes that there are rapidly diminishing returns to price. While I obviously don't like the "payless shoes"/basse/ecco type of merchandise, up to 300$ shoes are of perfectly fine quality and comfort. I would not have a problem paying $600 for shoes, but the issue is that $600 shoes are NOT twice as good as 300$ shoes. Maybe they are 20-30-50% "better". The same applies to suits and anything...
this is a very good list (perhaps because it closely resembles my own ). You may want to look into a linen suit or two. also, I personally wouldn't wear chinos in any color other than khaki; finally, I'd recommend that you throw in a good leather jacket and some boots. but that's tweaking; what you have can get you through your entire life with replacements as needed.
Quote: Originally Posted by prehop I tend to prefer the cotton because of the functionality--even if imagined. Do you also carry a handkerchief? If not, whatever will you do when you see a weeping woman on the street or subway? Growing up in the south, I find a certain romanticism in this--even if it never actually occurs in real life any more. No one will trust the handkerchief you pull out of your interior pocket or pants pocket...
Quote: Originally Posted by srivats You do realize that it is optional to use the quick release buttons (which are completely hidden but the straps), right? Well, duh. My point is that it is a poor design decision, functionality/aesthetics aside. (I could just as easily say that you can't really tell that a suit is fused but there are plenty on this forum that would go crazy at the mere thought of having glue in their garment. Or having an...