or Connect

Posts by SamSpade

Yeah, ideally once per week. The fabric doesn't feel that fragile per se, but you can tell it is finer than the standard business suits I'm used to. So i'm just looking for empirical data on how higher S wool holds up over time Either way, it is not a big deal, since the cut is just awesome.
I have questioin about the fabric on the Benjamin Sartorial Granoro suits. It is labeled as S 140's wool. The look, weel and drape are all great. But it feels really delicate, so I wonder what is its record on durability (e.g. assuming weekly wear). I'm not so much into "special ocasion" suits (not that there is anything wrong with that), so I wonder if this fabric is suitable for regular office wear. Btw, the Granoro is a great cut. It took me 3 years to fin a suit that...
Granoro all the way. Much better cut (at least for my pisique, which is pretty average, I should say). Great cut.
I may be too anal, but silk tie widths seem inconsistent lately. First I got a tie that was supposed to be 3" but in reality was 2.75". I exchanged it. Got the replacement, the width at widest point was 3" as it is supposed to be, but on the other hand it tappered too much, so the width in the middle of the tie was even narrower than in the tie i exchanged - in fact it is the same or narrover than my other 2.75" ties, so it ties a crappy knot. I'll keep it because i hate...
Pleas clarify: i have a question about the Benjamin Sartorial Granoro suits. Based on the web site measurements, it appears that the difference between "SHORT" and "REGULAR" is only 1/2". Is this correct? I am 5'8" and have really hard time deciding whether I need a regular or a short, please help. Thanks
Don't get me wrong, I'm part of the gang, jus clearly more conflicted about it than most. I too have spent enormous amount of time and resources discovering what works for me (that would be BB Fitzgerald, 39R ), but the result is simply not worth it - I'm not any happier, which obviously makes me question the sources and the need of the whole undertaking. Just like in food, some degree of refinement in clothing is pleasant (if nothing else), but once we start getting into...
"The reasons behind the rules?" Scoff . The only true reason behind any rules of dress throuhgout all of human history has been to signify social status/superiority. that is the ONLY reason the topic exists in reality. All the aesthetic mumbo-jumbo is completely secondary, because aesthetics always follows/reflects the social moods of the era. Therefore, it is irrelevant. The "timeless" aesthetic that SF members stubornly insist exists in reality isn't timeless at all....
Yes, there are many reasons to justify the prices of luxury items, and most of them are stupid. There, I said it As it has indeed been discussed multiple times, the intrinsic qualities of the product stop to justify the price increases quite quickly. Beyond that point it is mostly about consipcuous consumption and making a statement about taste, sophistication, and social status - aka a pissing contest. This is a free country and it is anybody's right to do it, but that...
I have to agree with the OP. Having spent inordinate amount of time and money on "proper" dress, experimenting with multiple brands and fits, it finally downed on me what an extremly stupid waste of time and resources this is. We are grown up men, for crying out loud, yet we spend our waking hours obsessing about inconsequential little details instead of slaying dragons, solving world hunger or whatever. Sure, I love a good suit as much as the next guy. But, after a...
Paul Stuart suit sz 39S, Tan, excellent: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160525027061