or Connect

Posts by c00kz

There's enough mistakes in that block of text to make it useless for any point you're trying to make. People wash their jeans as soon as they get them and some wait longer. Could you explain why washing them from day one then waiting a couple months would result in something different from waiting 6 months to wash? These are also things suggested by your links: - If you spill something on your Raw denim you can wipe it off, or wait for the spot to dry and it will...
Are you getting both in indigo?
Stare at your adequate mall jeans and in a few weeks they'll turn into something disgusting. Happened to me.
"Better" is a pretty loose term. I'm going to make a huge ignorant blanket generalization and say denim's not as linear as MC in terms of "better".. Well APC are standard indigo with contrast stitching.. The orange stitching would prevent me from coupling it with a sportcoat or anything like that. Sizing is also a nightmare because of stretch and you might disagree with the fits they offer. I would also like denim which remained dark for longer than APC and with a...
Thanks. And besides just speaking to people, there's no way to search for particular combos? Color, origin, etc of the threads, etc?
Quick question: when denimheads use the term "cast", are they referring to the hue of the sheen which the denim posesses in light?
Quote: Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist If the sweater is something like black or grey then a solid color shirt, or a patterned one, can be a nice touch. Try purple (generally pretty flattering) or maybe red (slightly riskier). Conversely, if your sweater is something more bold a white shirt is usually good. I think it's silly, but GQ would have you try looking like these fellows: GQ would have you do a lot of things which might...
There's a lot more leniency with colors here than in somewhere like MC. People will abide by rules but there exist exceptions to them, you'll need to figure out when you can wear brown shoes with something black, or what sorts of black shoes are appropriate in general. One thing I can say is if you're like anyone here and wear lots of raw denim, you might want to avoid navy colored outwear unless you can make it work.
Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty Are all the jeans labeled "rigid" on the levi's website raw? Or are the STF's the only raw ones? Rigid's neither raw nor stf. Usually is "tumbled rigid" which means they look like "rigid" (raw) jeans, unless I'm wrong.
I'd like to add although APC are the introductory raw jean you might want to browse another simple brand or two if you feel there's anything about APC which puts you off. They're notorious for stretch (multiple sizes) and I personally do not think they age well. I don't expect you to anticipate wearing your jeans down to death but I see much more unattractive, washed out pairs of worn APC than I do attractive and brilliant ones. Pre-styled denim does fade but...