or Connect

Posts by caid-bp7

Dumb question time. Is $30 for Cascade Sang Noir typical?
The Russian River pilgrimage is on the agenda for August! I am already excited and my wife is already rolling her eyes. Thanks for the other recommendations. Cellarmaker looks awesome and it is only a few blocks from the hotel. A quick check shows Toronado has Cable Car Ale on tap right now, so hopefully they have enough to last into next week. Rare Barrel and Sante Adairius are now on the agenda for August as well.
I need some beer tourist advice. I'm going to be in San Francisco for work a few times over the next couple months. I've got a longer trip in August where I'll be able to make it out of the city, but for the couple days I'm there this month any tips on what to check out? It's during the week and I'll have evenings free. I'm staying at The Palace Hotel which seems close to 21st Amendment, Mikkeler Bar and not too far from Toronado. I'm coming in from Canada so pretty...
Cash to see orders through does not equal cash to issue refunds. Just thought that was worth pointing out.
I had this for the first time last week. I thought it was fantastic and didn't find it bitter at all, but the only thing I could think of while I was drinking it was how much it smelled like wet coffee grounds. Not even coffee. Just wet used coffee grounds.
You have got to be kidding.
To add to the (D)IPA talk - split this with a friend last night and it was fantastic: This week I've also had a couple Dieu de Ciel stouts. I liek the Aphrodisiaque better out of the two. A local brewery just put out a Black IPA as well which was fantastic. I split the growler with my wife who made it through half of her pint. Apologies for crappy Untappd photos.
I'm sure most people have seen this but Paste did a blind tasting of 116 American IPAs. I thought the article was really interesting. And Grapefruit Sculpin was really high on the 116. I've got a case coming back from Arizona with my friend's parents next week, because Ballast Point still hates Canada, but I'm really excited to try it out. Sculpin was one of my first IPA loves.
I find Duchess de Bourgogne is a good starter. If people are new to sours it is barely recognizable as beer.
One more late entry due to Canadian customs. This great box of beer from @Ken P arrived in my office today. Super stoked to get into these. I leave for Barbados tomorrow and the HIll Farmstead's, Lunch and the FB-90 are all coming with me.