or Connect

Posts by WildeMan

I was at the new Harry Rosen Outlet store at Vaughn Mills. A very small space, stuffed with clothes. Suits and sportcoats were mostly Tilford and Baumler, although I saw some nice Corneliani jackets for $1299. No Brioni (in my size, anyway). Sales staff very young - skinny guys in skinny suits, and some attractive, flirty women. There was one early-middle-age SA, who seemed to be doing the heavy-lifting. I think the selection is more upscale at Heartland, but so, too,...
I can't recommend anyone, but I would have the following concern: Anything I've ever had custom made - shirts, trousers, jackets - took a couple of tries before the fit and style were what I wanted. So, you're stuck with a shirt or pair of trousers that aren't perfect...you wear them as needed, but you prefer the clothes where you've nailed the fit. Obviously, with an overcoat, you'd better get exactly what you want the first time. Otherwise, you've paid a lot of money...
To my seventeen-year-old son, for his semi-formal Friday night. His Gymboree days were cheaper!
Sex with miners...
Allen Edmonds shoes don't have to cost $400. There are currently more than 15 models on their website for $150, and more in the $150-200 range. Plus, Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, etc., are good places to scout. There are even a couple of AE outlets, I think, but I don't know where they (or you) are located. I'm not insisting on AE - sorry if it sounds like I am - but I think they'd be a great starting point for someone in your position. Also, check out the Brooks Brothers...
First, to answer your question, I would pick the darker suit..but that's just personal preference. The suits aren't the problem..it's the shoes. The white sneakers are actually better than the other two pairs. You need better-quality dress shoes right away. Try Allen Edmonds on the web. I owned a vacation home at the NC coast for six years. It's a great area, but I don't think I saw anyone wearing a pocket square, ever. Maybe at Christmas or Easter, at church. Anyway,...
You've worn those shoes all day more than 300 times? And you wonder if they're defective?
While I agree that some of the assertions in the original post are questionable, and others are pure opinion, I think "mensimageconsultant" is suffering a little bit from professional jealousy... The OP has shared his opinions with us, and we are free to accept them, follow them, ignore them, or whatever else we want. He admits that he is a "recent college grad" and, yes, some of his opinions reflect that. So what? And, lastly, if "dressing up limited knowledge as...
I suggest you go to see Adriana at Nanelli Clothing, 750 Oakdale Road in Weston. (Not easy to get to without a car.) All they make is trousers. They have some bolts of cloth, but if you're picky I suggest you bring cloth with you. (Most fabric stores sell small bolts of fabric, called "pants lengths", I think.) Bring your favourite or best-fitting pair of trousers, or be ready to make lots of decisions about what you want. She charges a little over $100 per pair, more...
Harvie & Hudson make a Slim Fit shirt with a semi-cutaway collar. French Cuff only. Perhaps still too spread for your taste? They are currently on sale for 54.5 GBP, 44.5 each if you buy three or more.