or Connect

Posts by policy

Quote: Policy, Since you are the academic and love definitions I would suggest you look up 'revisionist history'. I was happy to let that thread on Andy's drop but for those who missed it, I believe that it was you, sir, who displayed an unforgivable cruelty and lack of sensitivity when you made your little remark about the Special Olympics. So let's review: You accused those who responded to your thread of bigotry because they suggested that you could not...
Quote: Dude, you need to chill out.  The post was clearly referring to Asian TAILORS, not Asian "craftsmen" in general.  I don't think someone posting about automobiles or high-end electronics would have the same opinion about the merits of Asian work product as compared to that of the UK or Italy. Second, as someone else pointed out, Naturlaut is himself Asian, so your ranting about racism is entirely misplaced.   Finally, the post itself was largely...
Quote: Quote: 1)Do you believe that one facet of a society can have negative characteristics while another does not, particularly if that facet is an occupation? Well, sure.  I think that we see that all the time.  For example, people say that the Russians make great vodka, but not great cars.  I don't think a less-than-positive review of Russian automobiles reveals contempt for all things Russian. Quote: 2)The posters...
Quote: Quote: Please note: it's not that I don't respect the work of a tailor, but in Asia, people are not as dedicated in their work than one would find on the Row or in Italy. Quote: What is it about fashion that allows this kind of blatant racist, xenophobic bashing with absolutely no rebuke? You insult gays and people jump down your throat. Call Asians lazy and people completely ignore it as if it's gospel. I haven't...
Quote: Well, maybe it's just because they are not PAID as much. Now, could you take all this political correctness bullshit somewhere else? bad wages = bad quality. period. luc Don't you have some Germans to surrender to?
Quote: My MTM Zegna navy Soltex suit just arrived...flawless.  Luka has to hem the pants and I'm good to go.  During the process, the factory called the store to confirm the jacket measurements, as they were slightly different from my last order.  A lot to pay but everything was done as requested.  I'll post pictures once I pick it up, in a week. I'd love to see the pictures if you've taken them.
Quote: Please note: it's not that I don't respect the work of a tailor, but in Asia, people are not as dedicated in their work than one would find on the Row or in Italy. What is it about fashion that allows this kind of blatant racist, xenophobic bashing with absolutely no rebuke? You insult gays and people jump down your throat. Call Asians lazy and people completely ignore it as if it's gospel. I haven't seen this kind of racist, xenophobia since...
Quote: Be warned though, that finding a 38 may be pretty tough, I've found this to be the case, is that a facet of Selvedge jeans being made mostly for the Japanese market? I haven't found anything close to a 38 in any sort of nice jeans Even Abercrombie and Fitch who made my 2 favorite pairs of jeans that I own (Purchased in 1996, they are still going strong) no longer makes 38/34 jeans.
Can you help me find a pair of dark wash, boot cut, Selvedge jeans that are 38x34? The Evisu ones I found have a 9 inch wide opening at the bottom. I'm looking for something closer to 22 inches, and as far as I can tell this denim appears to be hard to find via US Etailers.
Quote: No. No such place exists. Or maybe it's right in front of you. I can't remember. So you don't know is the answer?