or Connect

Posts by alan

Im not a Trump defender (good chance hes gonna end up worse than hillary for me if he backs israel as fully as hes saying), but the arguments i hear go against my own sense of logic and rationality.For example, what you just said.Its not like the guy has had a million campaign managers around him all his life. So someone more knowledgeable/experienced advised him to get X person instead of Y. He listened to that good advice.Again, its a good point.Do you think presidents...
You are expecting an inhuman level of genius from him. What im saying is, if these were mistakes, then he reacted to these mistakes firmly and quickly. And that is a good attribute.You can hire people with great CVs and they could turn out to be total shit employees. Id want a manager who would replace them. Esepcially with this being his first high level campaign and running it outside of traditional party structures.For example, do you think that SOME (maybe 1, 2,...
Could you explain to me what is it exactly that you fear will happen under trump? Not arguing, i have genuinely not read an objective list of reasons of why hes a disaster.
Actually asking a candidate before the election whether he will accept the results or not is ridiculous and illogical. Everyone reserves the right to legally contest or demsnd recount or whatever. What if something shady does happen. What if errors occur. What if fraud happens. Arent the followup appeal mechanisms in place because of that. And ironically enough it ended up being others who called for recounts... As for his business stuff, that seems like a small...
Is that a bad thing?Most of what anyone does is reactionary.If we consider that he reacted right, thats a plus.If youre saying he put himself in that situation by choosing wrong in the first place, then its still good that he could snd would correct it when the need arose.But the fact is, he couldnt have been president at all without being disliked by half the country. He couldnt even have gotten above ten percent in the primaries even.Since now his die hard supporters...
He needs to keep his base firmly rallied behind him still. He doesnt have much foothold within the republican establishment. His core popular base is his strong point coming into a crucial phase ahead. It would be a mistake if he lets it go too much or too soon.
That populist sentiment existed for years. Trump created the wave. If he had adopted a traditional politicians language, he wouldnt have stirred it up. I think the campaign managers thing perfectly synced with the changes each period required. The fact that hes brash and over the top allows him to do such changes (even if forced) with little negative impact. It will also allow him to soften any stance he wants because then hisbsupporters will see it as him being...
It isnt calculated word per word as many of his supporters think, but it is a calculated overall strategy.He adopted a brash style to stand out, saw that it was working and ran with it. The good news is that his style allows him to be flexible on many positions.He is very very far from an idiot.I know smart educated people have a very hard time admitting it to themselves, but what this guy did is very impressive. All the people who pride themselves as such insisted on...
It got him the presidency. What you see as foolish, a lot of voters saw as "accessible" and "close to people". The guy has successfully used image and brand in all his ventures and it got him to the top spot on the planet yet people want to insist that hes a senile idiot...
:D:D Really ethan? You sure you havent been saying it for a few years now? (well, before Putin bombed the salafis who were gonna do it )And btw there will be no industrial size killing (whatever that means). Plenty of regions have had reconciliations already and the syrian fighters who chose to surrender are all ok and their neck is still attached to their heads.Now the Chechen and other assorted imported terrorists would probably be dead unless someone buys them a ticket...