or Connect

Posts by poorsod

There was one time when a lady asked me for my stylist. I was tempted to mention your name but I was afraid you would be embarrassed to make such easy money.
Have you written about what you got from Steed before? How many do you have now?I got a 18 oz flannel from them recently. Wore it yesterday when the windchill was like -20. Fantastic.
Here I thought "liabilities" referred to the people.
That's so next level.
I only buy cloth that is otherwise inaccessible to the tailor. I don't think you generally save money buying cloth. For example, NSM didn't have access to H Lesser and Smith's in the beginning. There were limited runs of cloth from LL and etc.
All things equal, heavier has better drape, warmer, less wrinkles and presumably longer lasting (I haven't gotten there yet). IMO the differences in warmth, going from 13 to 16, is greater in flannels than regular worsted.
Fortnum & Mason made shoes?! I only know them for tea. Is it a different F&M?
The price for the cashmere almost sounds too good to be true. Hats off if you can get the real McCoy at those prices.
I'm surprised you guys had bad experiences with Isles Textiles. I bought quite a few lengths from them a few years ago, including some well priced close outs from H Lesser.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/fashion/19iht-acagglass.html?pagewanted=allBon Voyage pB!