or Connect

Posts by poorsod

I decided to pass on that event this year. Do they let you upstairs now?
I believe jefferyd has previously acknowledged that his dissections reveal the making at that time and not necessarily the quality of the house currently.
I believe that is Vox's second hand Solito. I found his old post. Unfortunately Vox deleted the photo.
This reminds me of George Nakashima. My understanding was that the prices weren't so ridiculous 10-15 years ago. But if you were looking for furniture that held it's value . . .
I think some of the museums are interesting in themselves because they are monuments of the Gilded Age. The Whitney was founded by a Vanderbilt daughter. The Moma was founded by Rockefeller Jr's wife. If you are interested in going to a museum, consider taking the guided tour of the Frick Collection. They give you a tour of the fruits of the US Steel fortune - the beautiful Frick mansion and art.
So does that mean will I see you there next weekend?
Best value for the money oxford I have is from CEGO. I think he bought the cloth for something like $1/yard. You have to wash it at least 3 times before it softens up but it has great body and takes abuse. I have heard good things about the Alumo Oxford but haven't made any up yet.
http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3852&page=4
I happen to be in Toronto now and there's a section for Ontario wine. Anything I should try or is ice wine the only reasonable option?
If you like the portwood, I think you'll like the tun 1401 too. I had a couple different batches 2-3 years ago, both different and very $$$$. I think they are doing tun 1509 now but I haven't had any.