or Connect

Posts by poorsod

Thanks for the responses about the LL mohair. I'm thinking if I should get the chalk stripe to make up as a 3 piece as a between season suit.
Does anyone have experience with the LL Mohair? I think a batch came out earlier.
Do you know the price point? I saw $5k flash on the screen in the end. BTW, Rafel does a similar process, with a canvas fitting, in shearling for about $2-2.5k.
Apparently Lock doesn't sell foldable top hats. Any suggestions for a source? Thanks.
My experience is that the Italians tend to cut a vest 5 buttons to button all five. The Brits cut the vest 6 buttons to button 5. In that case, the last button is not in the right place to button.For example,I thought this post was informative.
Ok. I'm thinking about getting a top hat for my white tie rig. Apparently the silk top hats are only available as vintage and cost $$$$, particularly for my hat size. Any thoughts about fur vs silk top hats? Are silks worth the splurge? Do they have residual value?
So bespoke Cifonelli doesn't have this?I thought this detail was supposed to imitate this.Hmm. Interesting.
I saw the Cifonelli RTW collection at Barney's today. They have at least 2 different jacket styles. The one that really piqued my interest was a sport coat with the prominent sleevehead (presumably the "Le Cigarette" style for which they are known). There is very little padding in the shoulders, most of the extra material is in the sleevehead. I think the silhouette is flattering on me, though quite different from the other coats I own. IMO the pattern and material...
I have mentioned before that the most difficult part of bespoke is keeping a steady weight. The fact that you had to try to maintain your weight between these fittings deserves kudos.
Yes, Despos mentioned it happened to his mohair pants at the leg crease. I'll have it made up eventually but just not expect for it to last forever (and maybe not press it so much). The mohair's color is so rich compared to wool or other fabrics.