or Connect

Posts by poorsod

It's G&G based on the EG Herrick design, but taller. Almond shaped toe, double sole tapered to single sole at the waist, fiddleback waist, hatchgrained calf, metal toe plates, 3 piece boot trees.
I think my version of the boot has quite a refined looking last and is easier to wear with coat and tie than with jeans. Judge for yourself: When standing they look like regular shoes. For me, I think using buckles a much easier than using speed hooks. Also, I think monk straps are much easier to put on then lace up shoes.
Style wise, I think it performs like most other boots because the strap portion is hidden by the pant leg. Given that it looks like a descendant of the M1943 combat boot, I suppose there are SWD ways wear it too. Functionally, I don't like speed hooks for laces so the straps are my preferred option.
Lately, I've also been quite infatuated with book-matched marble bathrooms. I haven't been able to find estimated pricing per sq foot (other than just really expensive), so I suspect it might be quite obscene. Please talk me out of it.
I believe in NYC, bathrooms are supposed to have either pressure balanced or thermostatic valves. So I have to choose one va the other.
Anyone have experience with a thermostatic shower system? Is it worth the extra $$$? What I have seen looks quite nice but all the extra knobs and valves look confusing.
I like the SG poly chambray too. The color and mottling is unique and pairs well with many other clothes. Too bad I missed the Grunwald fire sale.
Does the Merz 226 fit similar to the 103? Thanks.
By the looks of your tan, I imagine you are spending quite a bit of time at the beach! Have you had a chance to visit Taormina? I visited Sicily quite a few years ago and quite liked the Ancient Greek sandstone temples in Agrigento. I also picked up a taste for Nero D'avola.
Ironically, the extra soft waistband is exactly why I like NSM/Italian pants. Most other tailors make them too stiff.