or Connect

Posts by poorsod

Mine cracked on Sunday. I'm trying to decide if it is worth replacing the screen because I have the new iPhone on preorder. However my ship date is mid October.
This Darren Beaman still looks incredible, if only on a mannequin.
I think it makes sense for Claghorn not to own a black knit tie because he doesn't do a lot of high contrast looks. I think his complexion it is better with lower contrast and warm pairings, thus the brown knit is best for him. The black knit tie is great for high contrast looks and is best for evening events.
This was a good thread about knit ties. #4 is clearly superior for me and is the one made in Germany.
That just means you haven't seen the dense crunch knits made by that one factory in Germany.
I think contrast, not just the size, of the barleycorn is important for jacketing. Here is a high-contrast barleycorn by Molloy for comparison.
I've been going through a bunch of Nakashima auction results and offers on 1stdibs. It seems that his live edge sculptural pieces are the ones racking up the $$$$. He did a lot of straight edge work and many of them sell for close to buying it new. I've also seen the work of copycats and the majority of them lack substance. To me, that's evidence that making up beautiful random appearing blocks of wood is anything but random. The ability to make something chaotic appear...
Sold for $40k. Far less than the 6 digit pieces.
Nakashima 2 piece dining table cut from a single slab of wood.
I have an 18 oz DB suit from the London Lounge Fox series and it is seriously heavy winter suiting. Pros: Drapes like steel. Will outlive your interest in it Comfortable in zero degree Fahrenheit weather with biting wind Cons: Hot to wear indoors if you have modern indoor heating Pants are scratchy unlined until you break it in. Wearable only below 50-60 degrees F