or Connect

Posts by poorsod

I have a pair of bespoke shoes from G&G in black baby calf, presumably sourced from AA Crack. Baby calf is thin and very soft but wears faster than regular calf. Mine have started to crack at the crease.
I think it depends on the circumstances of your black tie events. Do you expect to go with a date? If you go alone, I think it can be argued that you might want to peacock a little.If you go with a date, I think a man's role should be a little more sedate (eg grosgrain lapels). I don't mind dressing in a more sedate manner so the date stands out more in comparison. The more flashy you dress, the more you compete with your date.I like vents because I keep my keys and...
You were there too? White tie breakfast at the Hotel Sacher
The sleeves cut by Mary Fritolini are incredible and not too lean. She cuts the sleeve with a curve so the cuff stays in place as you bend the elbow. Charvet doesn't even cut it like that.
Do any of you have experience with shipping furniture from overseas to the US? I am considering some furniture from 1910. What kind of documentation do I need to bring it in as an antique? Thanks.
For the brunch h8ters. The buffet brunch at the Hyatt in Vienna is uncommonly good.
I think the answer is a combination of great marketing and sense of belonging/identity (eg MC tribe vs SWD tribe). The most incredible examples of this behavior are in the contemporary art market where Koons somehow convinces people to pay $58 million for a 12ft balloon dog. I can think of no other answer than that's the price of joining the "club". After all, your other rich friends own Koons and owing one demonstrates you are one of them.That $8k rag is a pittance in...
The Viennese sure know how to keep this alive! From the TC Ball.
The store on rue de Sevres keeps the old buttons in the back, at least that's what they said last year when I visited. If you are still in Paris consider checking out the buttons to see if you like them.The Forestiere fits large. I've tried several variations but so far none were flattering on me. I suggest you try one on in real life.
Did you keep the Berluti buttons? They have the old Arnys buttons that they will swap out for you. The old Arnys buttons are really great.