or Connect

Posts by poorsod

AMG repairs and maintenance are expensive. For example, the rotors usually need to be replaced along with the brake pads. At the dealer, the front brakes cost about $3k and rear about $2k. Tire and breaks can wear quickly if you are not careful with all that massive HP and torque. I think if you get one, an extended warranty is essential.
I don't wear a watch with either white tie or black tie. My formal shirt cuffs are cut close to the wrist so they cannot accommodate a watch. I notice lots of men wear watches with formal wear, including thick huge watches.
Wearing it on the opposite wrist is annoying. All my shirts are cut with the cuffs to accommodate a watch on the left, not on the right.
Do any of you wear a Fitbit or other activity tracker? Do you also wear a watch? I got a Fitbit a week or so ago and I kinda ditched my watch because it was a hassle to wear both.
The 90% Tonik is scratchy and stiff. I'm not surprised it resists the iron as much as it resists wrinkles and humidity. I have suit lengths of 100% mohair and dupioni silk and I suspect neither of them are going to be easy to tailor.
I think Dormeuil's 90% mohair Tonik has great rich color. Otherwise, Smith's makes really nice wool/mohair blends that are similar to Tonik.
When is this scheduled to arrive?
Am I the only one left still thinking of getting more ties from Passaggio Cravette? I met up with him and Marta in Milan 2 years ago. I got my stuff mailed to me without a hitch. He has stuff I haven't seen anywhere else. The blue mesh tie is still on my mind but his ties are quite pricey.
Consider asking on the NYC thread. The choices are numerous and sky's the limit on pricing. You should have a price point and an idea of what you want to try or what you enjoy.
14 months with G&G? Was it Daniel Wegan who was fitting you? For me, the process was different with Tony and Dean.