or Connect

Posts by poorsod

The first run was 450 GBP/m. Too rich for my blood. Steed said they ran into a problem and had to look for more length because the width was a little shorter than usual.
I find that thin striped shirts stand out more than evenly spaced stripes. Evenly striped shirts are useful if you don't want your shirt to stand out too much. If I want the shirt to stand out more, I prefer a checked pattern. I find the presence of the thin striped shirts in between the checked shirt and evenly spaces stripe shirt and thus less useful. Ie depending on the purpose I often go for either the checked shirt or the evenly spaced stripe rather than the thin stripe.
Do you guys have any good loafer ideas? I'm thinking of 1) Weston 180 variant in cordovan 2) butterfly loafer with a lower vamp
Thanks! I've signed up for the newsletter but have not gotten anything in my mailbox.
Has coverage started yet?
I sat in a GLA AMG this weekend. I like the exterior but the interior is quite mediocre - reminds me of BMW interiors.
Consider a dedicated summer wardrobe to survive the humid DC summers. Shirts are not a bad place to start. I.e. Linen, cotton/linen, voile
Let me count.Winter weight:Gray - SB, DB (including flannel)Navy - SB, DBSummer weight:Gray-SBBlue - SB worsted, SB mohair, SB/DB linenshoulder season (optional)Gray - SB, DBNavy- SB, DBBy my count about 8-12. Am I missing anything?
Seraphin is good but pricey. As a point of reference, for about that sale price I had a bespoke shearling coat made onsite in NYC with two fittings.
Have you read vox's coherent combinations thread? http://web.archive.org/web/20120711003637/http://www.styleforum.net/t/287922/practical-thoughts-on-coherent-combinations-for-beginners He makes the argument for matching the formality of each item of clothing, but I think a lot of it can also be explained by matching saturation or tone of each piece. For example, the "city" dress mix items which are more highly saturated than "country" dress. The city suit with worsted...