or Connect

Posts by poorsod

Very nice but if I were to make a formal pump, I would go with an English maker. G&G was telling me there is only 1 guy left who can do the pump stitch.
So far I've only tried the corduroy, flannel and donegal cold weather versions and it doesn't work for me. I've been meaning to try the linen and cotton versions but have not been in Paris the right season.My comments from an old thread.
I just dropped into the Berluti store in the previous Arnys location. It has been renovated to look like all the other Berlutis around the world. They did show me the workshop upstairs where they do the bespoke work. I saw the patterns and the people working behind the closed door, I didn't enquire further as I wasn't really interested in their bespoke. Apparently, this Berluti is the only one which carries the Forestiere jacket, hats and pants. I'm not sure if this is...
The truth is more complex than that. I had a good experience with Passagio Cravatte. I met Gianni and Marta in Milan. It is much better to see the fabric samples in real life. The ties I got were definitely unique. One of them looked clearly hand printed given the subtle irregularities. The colors were saturated all the way through the silk suggesting they weren't inkjet replicas. I'm not that interested in the vintage aspect, but other people were. I think this business...
Nice boot trees!
Yeah and it was packed to the gills.
I looked at the pictures before reading the article and I picked out the bespoke. This is what I noticed1) The shoulders on your bespoke are cleaner and more flaterring. The low right shoulder is more conspicuous on the RTW and not noticeable on the bespoke.2) The bespoke lapels and chest have a more rounded and cleaner shape.
Which patterns? I recall discussing the L16 sharkskin.
I think DBs are best made bespoke because there are too many variables to get right to be flattering. IMO SBs can be a little off and still look good but DBs have less tolerance. You might get a nice one RTW but you have to be lucky or persistent.
Do you mean you were able to do the transaction in English via Miki? Is that his wife?