or Connect

Posts by poorsod

Suede gator looks good to me.
My PSS last me closer to 25-30k miles but there is lots of extra wear and tear from road hazards in the NYC area. I got a new set for under $900 from Tire Rack. I think the weak Euro helps.
I had a problem with oxyclean once where I got a blue stain on my white shirt - I think because I didn't dissolve the oxyclean well enough before soaking the shirt. Fortunately the stain went away after anther wash. Now I make sure I dissolve the oxyclean completely before soaking anything in it.
I run cold so 16oz Lesser works for me 6-8 months of the year for me. Otherwise consider Lesser 13 or Smith Botany 13oz.
I think it's a pretty universal rule that municipal bus/truck drivers yield to no one. Perhaps Google forgot that bit of code.
Piuma is softer and less scratchy. It drapes well but I don't think it holds a crease as well as the fresco.
Was the FNB fight about fresco being the sanitation workers Sunday best before your time?
The whole catfish at Lotus of Siam was incredible. I looked through chowhound to get an idea of what to order. LoS is a fantastic dining option in Vegas. Would definitely return but note that it gets really crowded. I went right as it opened and waited an hour.
I think the matching cummerbund (or waistcoat) elongates the leg line, thereby giving the wearer a slimmer silhouette. I don't get why you guys want to ditch that benefit by wearing a non matching cummerbund or skipping it all together. Traditional formal dress is already optimized so you look your best. It's a mystery to me why so many people want to reinvent the wheel and think they will do better. There are some people who can pull off a unique look, but most can't.
AMG repairs and maintenance are expensive. For example, the rotors usually need to be replaced along with the brake pads. At the dealer, the front brakes cost about $3k and rear about $2k. Tire and breaks can wear quickly if you are not careful with all that massive HP and torque. I think if you get one, an extended warranty is essential.