or Connect

Posts by poorsod

I'm surprised you guys had bad experiences with Isles Textiles. I bought quite a few lengths from them a few years ago, including some well priced close outs from H Lesser.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/fashion/19iht-acagglass.html?pagewanted=allBon Voyage pB!
It's about 7oz for single width. So about 14 oz equivalent for the regular double width cloth.
The balmoral monk is quite unusual. I've never seen anything like it. Do you have a sketch of the design? How is the strap positioned relative to the balmoral throat? BTW are they remaking your first balmoral as a seamless?
What are the two other pairs you are having made?
I too was skeptical before I tried it. So don't knock it till you try it.
That's the beauty of old fashioned heavy weight cloth. They still look good after sleeping in them on overnight flights.
1) I am finding that I prefer the crispness of linen to the softness of cotton. I prefer to wear the heaviest coats I can tolerate and linen shirts works well with that.2). Pierre Duboin, former head of bespoke shirts at Lanvin, wrote a great article on how to iron a shirt. I find the trick of putting a moist shirt in a plastic bag works wonders for ironing both cotton and linen...