or Connect

Posts by poorsod

Sarchasm = The gulf between the author and the reader who just doesn't get it.
Does that mean you met Ambrosi today at The Armoury?
I browsed his blog. Flusser has some posts there too.
High tech tux shirt making its way into the orchestra pit. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/19/arts/music/taking-the-starch-out-of-orchestra-attire.html?referrer=&_r=0
The weather in NYC is great. Is Manton on vacation?
Sushi Yasaka's omakase is excellent value. w72nd btw WEA & Amsterdam.
I'm watching a fascinating documentary on Netflix called "In Search of General Tso." Apparently, the dish was invented in Taiwan by the chef for the Nationalist Army. However, the American version is sweeter than the original. Also interesting is that it was the Chinese Exclusion Act that pushed Chinese into the food business because the law excluded them from the labor market. The Chinese realized that by modifying their food to the American taste, they can make a...
A few years ago I was crossing the street at night with the light. A bicyclist, who was speeding down the street the wrong way and trying to run the redlight, had to come to a screeching halt because I was in his way. He then starting cursing me out as if it were my fault.
My understanding is that marketing is the dominant factor in creating value in items where beauty, not function, is the primary purpose. The greatest example, I think, is the contemporary art market. I am absolutely amazed at the prices that Damien Hirst and Jeff Koons command for their "art". If that is not amazing marketing, I don't know what is. Furthermore, I have heard is that the reason to show your art collection in museums is to increase its value.Back to the...
@TweedyProfI have a summer DB, similar to your pic, made from linen.It is made in this style but with a barchetta breast pocket.