Posts by poorsod

Any update on the Eidos Ghurka shorts preorders?
Wasn't Spectrum wines auctions in that that documentary Sour Grapes? I recall it was one of the auction houses Rudy was using to unload lots of fake wine and Spectrum was reluctant to pull the questionable lots. Am I remembering that right?
Marea is upper limit of your price point Robert on the roof of MAD has great views at night Pizza Arte has lower price point Quality Italian and Quality Meats are also pretty good
They are all pretty similar and quite good. The Botany used to have a very large selection of sharkskin with very many shades of color. I haven't seen the bunch since Smiths was bought by Harrisons but worth at look since you are interested in a twill. I have a vibrant mid to dark blue suit from the Botany book.
I have a pair of mid grey pants from Dormieul Ice. It is a wool/mohair mix. Holds the crease really well. I think the book changes from season to season.I also have a pair from the H&S Crispaire book.
I haven't been to the new EMP, but Per Se wasn't as good an experience as The French Laundry. I would say Blue Hill at Stone Barns is on the same level as TFL. The Blue Hill in the village is not worth the time.The JG lunch is excellent value. Don't go to Nougatine, the JG casual dining room is also not worth the time.
I used to live around 45th and Lincoln. I still try to eat at PPQ on 19-20th and Irving if I am in the area.
Have you made a 3-piece with Formosa yet? Their vest for me was a 5 button. I think the next vest for me will have to be a 6 button with similar button position as Steed.
White tie update will be when I'm in Vienna next month. The Vienna balls are the real thing.
My NYE party hosts asked guests to dress their fanciest. Black tie ain't enough. I'm breaking out the tophat and coat tails.