or Connect

Posts by poorsod

I have a summer jacket from the old Carlo Barbera for H Lesser (CBHL). It is S120 but feels lux like cashmere. I am surprised how well it resists creases give how soft it feels. I also have a 3 piece suit from a vintage length of Barbera for Lesser around 9/10 oz. Also has a nice silky luxurious feel to the cloth but the pants seem to crease a bit. It is possible that CBHL is more optimal for jackets than for pants.I suspect Barbera would make cloths to different specs...
I just watched the Sour Grapes documentary about Rudy and his wine scam. It struck me that the FBI guy investigating the case mostly investigated Art theft and fraud. He had to read French Wine for Dummies. I recall a lecture on art theft where the speaker said that there is only 1 detective in NYC who investigates art theft (I don't recall if it he was talking about NYC police or FBI). The implication was that only 1 person was assigned that job because few people are...
Your right shoulder looks lower than the left. Is that correct or is it just the way you are posing? If that is indeed your natural posture, bring it back to NSM to adjust for the low right shoulder
These were the Krug I tried at the tasting. I thought the pours were relatively generous. I probably tasted at least 60-80 different champagnes. The champagne is so acidic that my mouth was numb and the gums hurt for quite a few days. Not sure if I would do that again.
I had some Krug at a tasting a couple weeks back. I am not a fan of the oak. Does the oak mellow out with age? Vintage Krug prices are
Last time I was in the Amalfi coast, I spent 4 nights in Sorrento and 1 night in Naples. Sorrento is quite central and relatively easy to get to Naples or other small towns. There are many tour companies that will drive you to the different towns. The cliff side roads are so narrow, I wouldn't want to be driving. I even did a day trip further south to Salerno and Paestum. BTW I found a great local hat store in Salerno.If I stayed longer I would have gone to Capri or one of...
Have you considered the Almafi coast since you have already been further north? If you prefer staying in the north, there is always Cinque Terra.
I kind of prefer a softer feel of the floor in the kitchen. What do you think of a wooden floor in the kitchen? Is it a bad idea?
I am planning a kitchen renovation and the architect recommended porcelain tile that looks like wood. I am worried that the surface might be too hard. Anything that drops will surely break. Any other preferred alternatives? I don't like real wood in the kitchen because the floor will get wet. What do you think of linoleum?