or Connect

Posts by poorsod

I don't know if any of the chairs being discussed fall under the Knoll umbrella but if it makes a difference, DWR is having their annual knoll sale.
Antonio, do you know washing recommendations for this cardigan? I got it at the Eidos samples sale but it has no labels of any sort. No country of origin label, not even an Eidos label. I assume it is cotton and should be hand washed only but wanted to confirm. Thanks.
You should visit Vienna during ball season because you get to wear white tie quite often. I was there for two weeks this year and wore tails 3 times. There are student tickets available if you are young enough. Opera ball TC ball Outside of balls, I've been wearing top hat and tails to Gatsby parties.
Isn't the UN in session next week? This situation might really ramp up the security next week.
If you are looking for a day trip from Cannes, the Voiles des St. Tropez overlaps with your Cannes dates. It is a regatta for traditional sail ships and is quite an incredible sight if you like that sort of thing. I recall there is a ferry from Cannes that takes you directly to St. Tropez. http://www.lesvoilesdesaint-tropez.fr/les_voiles_de_saint_tropez/ There is a Paris restaurant thread if you are looking for restaurant...
I would phrase the idea another way. IMO, heavier cloth hangs better than lighter cloth, so I try to wear the heaviest tolerable for the weather. It was low 70s yesterday and I broke out my 16 oz Lesser DB.
@TweedyProf I think in general it is best to see swatches in real life. IMO seeing Harris tweed in real life is even more important. Pictures do them no justice.
Wow that thermostatic system is so cheap. I must be shopping at the wrong places. I like this one but it is $10k+. http://www.waterworks.com/products/fittings/shower/exposed-thermostatic/etoile-exposed-thermostatic-system-with-4-12-shower-rose-tub-filler-and-handshower-and-white-porc8230/1324
I use the paper mache flowers by Kent Wang. I have found it difficult to find real flowers of that size
Are you going to be staying a little longer this time?