or Connect

Posts by poorsod

Like a rock
Have you considered interviewing people from the industry? For example, jefferyd had this great post regarding this fake Brioni.Also, since you are in the SF bay area, perhaps Bea (from April in Paris) might have similar insight into leather goods.
Food:Dishoom - several locationsSt. John Bread & WineBeigel Bake - you don't get salt beef &bagel in NYCJ Sheekey - the fish pie is quite goodDrinks-Nightjar makes good cocktails
I believe marcoalondra is calling into question the stated rules (eg by Sator) as "universally acknowledged truth" whereas in fact there is much regional variation.
I believe what you are demonstrating is the regional bias between the English and other Europeans. The English, and perhaps their prior colonies, prefer the morning coat for day weddings. I hear day coats in the UK are still quite common.
You guys should read the whole thread for old SF glory. The best comments include Despos' technical analysis of the A&S coat.
I believe it is circa 2010 by Hitchcock
Some comments:Formal WearI think one of the reasons to hire a Savile Row tailor is for formal wear. Not that many people cut tailcoats anymore and you can be more certain of getting it right with a Savile Row tailor.This is Butler's via Steven Hitchcock.Here's one from Steed.Drape vs Non-DrapeBack in the days of AAAC and old SF, I recall that the Drapists were more fervent in their enthusiasm than the Non-Drapists. There were much fewer examples from the Non-Drapists. For...
I didn't realize the A Suitable Wardrobe archive is back. I might have to do a linen cream DJ for the summer. https://www.asuitablewardrobe.com/blog/summer-evening-dress/
This is a gorgeous coat, but sadly impractical. It's far too hot for any summer events in the US. Perhaps it would find more use in Europe. Though, as I understand it, there is regional variability in formal costumes. For example, my Swedish friends say that they don't wear tuxes in Sweden - it's either tailcoat or suit. There is no in between.