or Connect

Posts by poorsod

Good day for Jamieson's.
I just made up a pair of Cavalry twill pants in H&S Dakota (13 oz-I believe). I like it.
To me it looks like a cross between a classic raglan and polo coat, and perhaps also related to trenchcoats. I recall the raglan sleeve was designed to be more water resistant.There is a picture of another similar variant in a trenchcoat.I think the drape, accentuated by the belt, is how traditional polo coats are supposed to look.Here is a bespoke polo coat by Despos.I think you have a great find and I would wear it just as it is. It looks roomy but also good when...
Do you have more detailed pics? This this a SB or DB coat?
BTW I found a place I Vienna next to the Opera that sells collapsible top hats! They even sell capes! Though I resisted the temptation (this time).
The leather is so buttery soft. So comfortable to wear. Somethings gotta give. Life's full of compromises.
I mix it up.
I rented a car with an automatic and drove through the Luberon. Scenery is gorgeous. I think the car is best if you want to visit the small hilltop towns. Took the train to Avignon and Arles. Had to train it down to Marseilles to find a car with an automatic.
Saw some nice refurbished Jugendstil furniture, circa 1910-11. Prices are not bad compared to new furniture but have to ship it to the US. Didn't pull the trigger because I don't know enough about that era. The original upholstery maker is still in business and the refurbished upholstery used the same original designs.
Many of the pics I posted in the white tie thread were from my GM1. I think the image quality is noticably better, particularly in tough lighting conditions.I don't mind the bulk of the camera, particularly when at an incredible venue such as the Hofburg or Staadtopera.Comparison with an iPhone pic.